Is AMS okay around ponds?

Tap

5 year old buck +
My buddy bought some glyphosate designed for shore line of ponds. He has cattail getting out of control. He will be using water that may not be the best for gly mixing due to mineral content.
I know that adding AMS to the water is a remedy for mixing gly with hard water, but can AMS harm fish?
Side question...this herbicide also came with a non ionic surfactant which is also for use around water. For years, I was under the impression that surfactant was harmful to aquatic life. Any input on that?
Thanks.

If memory serves I think when I read the label it said not safe for aquatic life.

not sure on the surfactant

use rodeo, comes in at 51% gly no surfactant for use near water.

I spot spray a couple times a year with Cattplex with a squirt of Plexmate surficant in it and it turns cattails yellow within a couple days and knocks them out, bulrushes too. I use it on both ponds and it has worked great for me and advertises that it will not harm aquatic life. Inexpensive and simple to mix and use.

My buddy already has the herbicide. Its called Shoreline Defense...its ~54% gly and it comes with a 2nd jug of surfactant. Its labeled for use around ponds.
What I was unsure of was can AMS also be added without harming the fish?
We've decided that its not worth the risk. He will just use the recommended mix and add nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’d at least add some Dawn dish liquid as a sticker. Not much just a squirt.

a little dish soap shouldn’t hurt the fish. May make them smell better :)