Is Alex Murdaugh ...

OakSeeds

5 year old buck +
.... a habitat guy?

An important video shot by his son and sent to the son's friend shows a tree in a grow tube falling over as though it had just been released from some device (e.g., wire) that was keeping it upright.

Yeah 1300 acres of hunting land hunting. During what little testimony I did hear he said his son and he went to look at the dove field that the care taker sprayed by mistake and killed.

Hits VERY close to home as took place in my home state and I even know relatives of some folks involved.

For those who haven't followed from the start, it's a doozie of a tale... do my best to give the cliff notes version. About as twisted a story as you'll ever hear.

First off the Murdaugh family has been involved in law / served as high state court officials and lawyers back 3 or 4 generations. As with many such tales, initial generations were more admirable but with growing wealth, the subsequent fruit (generations) spoiled.

The event that really kicked everything off was NOT the murders commited by Alex Murdaugh, but instead, his underage son, Paul, who was partying with some other teens, got very drunk, started acting like a huge A-hole to everyone in the boat including his girlfriend whom if memory serves he either slapped or choked, before demanding control of the boat in the pitch black dark and running it fast as he could through a salt marsh literally yards from the Parris Island front gate before hitting a bridge piling, throwing multiple folks out of the boat and killing this gal, Mallory Beach - cousin of a close high school friend of mine.

Mallory-Beach-Autopsy-Photos-Paul-Murdaugh-Boat-Crash-Photographs.webp

This clip does a pretty good job detailing the night of the boat accident...

The same night of the crash Paul's Dad, Alex Murdaugh, a very active personal injury lawyer started doing damage control by trying to strong-arm the other kids in the boat into not speaking to the police and for a while things kind of quieted down... but... with passing time, stranger and stranger stories started coming out including these accusations:

* The possibility that Alex's second son, Buster, might have killed a gay teen who'd run out of gas on a rural highway and was first believed to be run over but subsequently with factions within the police department believing he'd been bludgeoned with an object and with rumors pointing to Buster

* Accusations that a maid who'd supposedly died falling down a flight of stairs at the Murdaugh home after tripping over the family dogs might not have tripped but been pushed by one of the sons. What is factually known is that Alex ultimately pushed to actually represent the maid's sons, effectively suing himself, AND THEN channneled milllions of settlement money into an account he himself created, never giving any funds to the maid's sons.

* As more and more investigations were done into Alex's legal dealings, over 9 million dollars were found to have been embezzled / illegally channeled to himself.

And the above isn't even the strangest part of the tale...

The next huge development was Alex calling police to report he'd found the son responsible for the boat crash, Paul, and Alex's own wife, Maggie shot and dead at a hunting cabin the family-owned. Fairly quickly state investigators determined the two different weapons used were family-owned guns kept at the cabin making Alex the key suspect (and later phone records showed' he'd lied about not being in the area at the suspected time of the killings).

After Alex lost his local strong-arm influence and ability to control narratives he ultimately called the police saying he'd been shot while trying to change a tire in the middle of nowhere... but with the investigation into the alleged shooting ultimately determined to be an insurance fraud attempt, with Alex working with a friend to stage a shooting to channel insurance money to his older son Buster.

That's the cliff's note version. Already multi-hour tv specials and audio podcasts out there that go into WAY more detail. To date, I don't think there's been any resolution into who exactly killed the gay kid who ran out of gas or whether or not a family member actually pushed the maid down the stairs, though again it's known Alex used the maid's death in his own home to pocket millions.

Key takeaway for those on the forum who've worked hard to build first-generation success -- don't spoil your kids too much. Had my own late father, who worked himself from rags to success preach to me and my brothers regularly, "Today's peacock is often tomorrow's feather duster" and the oft true "Rags to riches to rags in three generations."

Really worried it's not only true with families, but societies in general with our government now in the Act 3 squandering phase.

Last edited:
Hits VERY close to home as took place in my home state and I even know relatives of some folks involved.

For those who haven't followed from the start, it's a doozie of a tale... do my best to give the cliff notes version. About as twisted a story as you'll ever hear.

First off the Murdaugh family has been involved in law / served as high state court officials and lawyers back 3 or 4 generations. As with many such tales, initial generations were more admirable but with growing wealth, the subsequent fruit (generations) spoiled.

The event that really kicked everything off was NOT the murders commited by Alex Murdaugh, but instead, his underage son, Paul, who was partying with some other teens, got very drunk, started acting like a huge A-hole to everyone in the boat including his girlfriend whom if memory serves he either slapped or choked, before demanding control of the boat in the pitch black dark and running it fast as he could through a salt marsh literally yards from the Parris Island front gate before hitting a bridge piling, throwing multiple folks out of the boat and killing this gal, Mallory Beach - cousin of a close high school friend of mine.

Mallory-Beach-Autopsy-Photos-Paul-Murdaugh-Boat-Crash-Photographs.webp

This clip does a pretty good job detailing the night of the boat accident...

The same night of the crash Paul's Dad, Alex Murdaugh, a very active personal injury lawyer started doing damage control by trying to strong-arm the other kids in the boat into not speaking to the police and for a while things kind of quieted down... but... with passing time, stranger and stranger stories started coming out including these accusations:

* The possibility that Alex's second son, Buster, might have killed a gay teen who'd run out of gas on a rural highway and was first believed to be run over but subsequently with factions within the police department believing he'd been bludgeoned with an object and with rumors pointing to Buster

* Accusations that a maid who'd supposedly died falling down a flight of stairs at the Murdaugh home after tripping over the family dogs might not have tripped but been pushed by one of the sons. What is factually known is that Alex ultimately pushed to actually represent the maid's sons, effectively suing himself, AND THEN channneled milllions of settlement money into an account he himself created, never giving any funds to the maid's sons.

* As more and more investigations were done into Alex's legal dealings, over 9 million dollars were found to have been embezzled / illegally channeled to himself.

And the above isn't even the strangest part of the tale...

The next huge development was Alex calling police to report he'd found the son responsible for the boat crash, Paul, and Alex's own wife, Maggie shot and dead at a hunting cabin the family-owned. Fairly quickly state investigators determined the two different weapons used were family-owned guns kept at the cabin making Alex the key suspect (and later phone records showed' he'd lied about not being in the area at the suspected time of the killings).

After Alex lost his local strong-arm influence and ability to control narratives he ultimately called the police saying he'd been shot while trying to change a tire in the middle of nowhere... but with the investigation into the alleged shooting ultimately determined to be an insurance fraud attempt, with Alex working with a friend to stage a shooting to channel insurance money to his older son Buster.

That's the cliff's note version. Already multi-hour tv specials and audio podcasts out there that go into WAY more detail. To date, I don't think there's been any resolution into who exactly killed the gay kid who ran out of gas or whether or not a family member actually pushed the maid down the stairs, though again it's known Alex used the maid's death in his own home to pocket millions.

WOW! I get it now why people are caught up in the case.