Ironwood, Hinge cut or kill it?

Rockon

A good 3 year old buck
I was out enjoying the weather today doing a little TSI. I have a fair amount of ironwood and was just wonding how best to handle this stuff. I have hinge cut it in the past and it will stump sprout. But should I just kill it completely?

I hinge cut some ironwood and it made a pretty good barrier. Cut a trail through the hinged area.

I'd hinge it. Maybe just letting the light to the ground will let your more desirable species grow better. If nothing else it will make for some good cover.

I hinged the ironwoods on my place. I noticed the stump-suckers got browsed hard this winter.

I just had my land logged. My forester had put in the logging bid that all the ironwood is to be pulled or slashed. There must be a good reason to try to get rid of it,I say kill it.

If you're in need of some thicker cover, hinge it. Maybe you have an area of more desirable trees like oaks, and you could thin or kill them around there to get more natural regeneration from acorns. Depending on the situation, you may be able to use them in some way, so why kill ALL of them ?? Just a thought.

Kill it! That stuff spreads like weeds and takes over. I have a few places were it sucks to have to deal with it. Yes it's native but too much is not good.

depending on the situation. If you have too much them you may need to thin it out, if it isn't too bad then hinging can work as well.