Interesting News.

Foggy47

5 year old buck +

Minnesota lawmakers looking to be a Dakota again​

By Julia KayeApr 22, 2023 | 3:23 PM
7406416472_59a8065fd8_b.jpg

Nicolas Raymond / CC
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO.com) — Could Minnesota’s western border look different in the future? A group of state representatives introduced the “Rocks and Cows Act” which would open the door for counties in western Minnesota to become a Dakota. The bill would create a study on boundary adjustments and make recommendations on a pathway for counties to be annexed into North and South Dakota. Representative Matt Grossell said, “We are standing up for the future of our families as Minnesota trends towards such extremes on tax and social policy.” A similar bill was introduced in 2021.

I’d be for it !!

Combining Western, Northern MN, and both ND, & SD into (Dakota)would be awesome . Think of the hunting license situation!! Use South Dakota state tax situation & political base! SD Governor can be Dakota Governor!!!

That’d be amazing.

Also use South Dakota game laws & seasons …, not Minnesota!

Combining Western, Northern MN, and both ND, & SD into (Dakota)would be awesome . Think of the hunting license situation!! Use South Dakota state tax situation & political base! SD Governor can be Dakota Governor!!!

That’d be amazing.

Also use South Dakota game laws & seasons …, not Minnesota!
I have redrawn the boundaries of both Dakotas. Both states should have port access so we can enter into our own trade agreements with Poland, Hungary, and anyone else that is tired of getting hosed by NATO and the EU. Then we can put the pheasant and deer habitat back onto the federal lands that have been bulldozed clear by the DNR and Feds. We could also get sports betting going so I don't have to drive all the way in hell to Deadwood to play cards, drink whiskey, and watch some college football. We would immediately erect a border wall between us and Iowa and the twin cities. We'd finance it with 100% tax free visitor bonds, a $100/day visitor tax to anyone from a hostile region (like Iowa or Minneapolis).

The refinery at Yankton would be green-lit immediately. No commodities would ever leave the state without being upsourced into a value added product like fuels, foods, lumber, bagged gypsum, or cleaned cover crop seed. Time for a new currency issued by the state, and not a private unaccountable shadow bank. Lesser criminals will not go to jail as there will be no jails. They will be sentenced to tree planting, brush control, habitat work, fisheries work, park maintenance, municipal building cleaning, or snow shoveling. If you are deemed too violent to stay, you will be expelled to Minneapolis or a small town in Northwest Iowa.

New dakotas.JPG

I have redrawn the boundaries of both Dakotas. Both states should have port access so we can enter into our own trade agreements with Poland, Hungary, and anyone else that is tired of getting hosed by NATO and the EU. Then we can put the pheasant and deer habitat back onto the federal lands that have been bulldozed clear by the DNR and Feds. We could also get sports betting going so I don't have to drive all the way in hell to Deadwood to play cards, drink whiskey, and watch some college football. We would immediately erect a border wall between us and Iowa and the twin cities. We'd finance it with 100% tax free visitor bonds, a $100/day visitor tax to anyone from a hostile region (like Iowa or Minneapolis).

The refinery at Yankton would be green-lit immediately. No commodities would ever leave the state without being upsourced into a value added product like fuels, foods, lumber, bagged gypsum, or cleaned cover crop seed. Time for a new currency issued by the state, and not a private unaccountable shadow bank. Lesser criminals will not go to jail as there will be no jails. They will be sentenced to tree planting, brush control, habitat work, fisheries work, park maintenance, municipal building cleaning, or snow shoveling. If you are deemed too violent to stay, you will be expelled to Minneapolis or a small town in Northwest Iowa.

View attachment 51994
I need to gerrymander your border by about 6 miles in one spot but I love the concept...;)

View attachment 51994
Ironically I’m actually a native son of Minnesota but moved when I was 7 down south. What is the issue with Iowa? Iowa is my go to state when I’ve had enough rat racing and I can convince my wife life is all about big deer and pheasants.

Iowa is becoming a very conservative state and it’s tax code is improving. IRA/Pension, cash rent and other retirement income will soon be (state) tax free!

That would save me enough $$ to build a shack on my property in Western IA. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years

Plus 3 resident buck tags . Although I’d probably only use one!

Dont be including that cesspool in with the rest of Wisconsin.

Ironically I’m actually a native son of Minnesota but moved when I was 7 down south. What is the issue with Iowa? Iowa is my go to state when I’ve had enough rat racing and I can convince my wife life is all about big deer and pheasants.
I spent 3 years trying to do business in NW Iowa. That's the worst experience I've ever had in sales. Killed it on the SD side of that territory, but Iowa it was a whole other world.

Come to think of it, if I'm in charge, there will be no admittance along the Iowa border from Sioux City to Jackson, SD (previously Jackson, MN).

1682369640527.png

Back in time, I had sales in MN, IA SD ND and Canada. I did allot of biz in Iowa. Never had any issues there......and somewhat grew fond of that state. Maybe you had too many Iowa memes? ;)

You may have a hard time convincing Dakota folks to combine N and S.

Moving the border a few miles East would sure make a couple farmers I know happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve stayed in Iowa quite a few times. . The people are friendly, some nice small town bar/restaurants, good food, and atmosphere.

It’s not all flat E48F8CD9-77EC-4391-800D-21C120D51A2A.jpegcornfields, couple pics from a high point in the Loess Hills…6A390CE5-3BBD-4191-A065-F76922C90449.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve stayed in Iowa quite a few times. Dozens.. the people are friendly, some nice small town bar/restaurants, good food, and atmosphere.

It’s not all flat View attachment 52016cornfields, couple pics from a high point in the Loess Hills…View attachment 52015
Was planning on going now but I didn’t draw a damn turkey tag…imagine that a state limited it’s nonresident impact. Kentucky basically begs people to come

I think that would be a terrible idea. It would just put the nail in the coffin that minnesota will never be a red state (for some odd reason I have hope for the future) If the electoral college votes were switched then I would be all for it.

It would take some electoral votes. Depends on where you draw the line .