Interesting New Planter / Seeder ?

Foggy47

5 year old buck +
This is the first I've seen of one of these. Would be good for small seeds I would think. More like a Brillion seeder in operation (which is good stuff IMO). They drop seeds between two rows of cultipackers too. I think anyone looking for a low cost method to seed brassica, clover, rye, etc....this could be a viable alternative to a drill. Anyone seen one of these? (Tar River 'roots"?). What say you?

EDIT: A little Google Research shows this brand to be AGT Grain Seeder/Planter. Some on Tractor house.

Last edited:
A bit more info on these. Only 700 lbs ? Not much info.....but some are out there on dealers lots. Basically drops seeds via seed cups between two rollers. One roller drives the seed cups for a "controlled spill".....and the seeds get packed a bit. Better than broadcasting....IMO.

Looks like a fun little unit... but (as normal with my cheap azz) I can broadcast quite a bit for $4k.

Looks like a fun little unit... but (as normal with my cheap azz) I can broadcast quite a bit for $4k.
I was just reading on the AGT website. Seems like most anyone willing to buy a container of goods from them would be in the business in no time. Your basically a re-branding operation selling goods from China to the USA markets. Not sure how much control you get on the products. Likely not much...unless you got big numbers. I suppose some folks (like Northern Hydraulics ?) take a run at some programs like this. I bet these "seeder" come from the same plant as the Tar River Drills. Looks like some common parts.

Just dealing with calibrating, storing, cleaning, maintaining drills. No way I’d pay more to slow down the process with one of those compared to just broadcasting and cultipacking. But I’m young and can deal with walking and broadcast seeding a handful of acres if necessary still.

Just dealing with calibrating, storing, cleaning, maintaining drills. No way I’d pay more to slow down the process with one of those compared to just broadcasting and cultipacking. But I’m young and can deal with walking and broadcast seeding a handful of acres if necessary still.
I'm not sure how well these work....but it may be a good concept for a few folks with some acres to plant and an aversion to walking (like me).....especially if it was a pull type unit meant for ATV's / UTV's. I don't think there is allot of work involved in setting this up....but what do I know? Never seen one. I know that farmers really like their Brillion seeder units for small grains and pasture planting. This won't compare.....but that is the same concept.

I know way back in time that folks would seed oats, wheat and rye with the EZ Flow drop spreaders.....like I use to lime my plots. They also applied fertilizers with them. Mine has a drawbar on the back to pull a drag or a cultipacker. Same basic concept....just controlling the spill of seeds to the ground via multiple drops. I've never even considered using my EZ Flow for small grains. I'm not that smart.