Inflation ???

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Just checked on the price of concrete wire at Home Depot and Lowes in southcentral Pa. 5 foot by 150 foot roll. $347 and $409. :emoji_rage: :emoji_rage::emoji_rage:

We tossed around the idea of building a new home on one of the farm’s and finally just decided better to stay where we are for a bit do to the material issue’s/inflation. We don’t retire for 11 more years so we have time to wait this administration out I hope. I’d guess we have bad inflation for a minimum until 2026. Hope I’m wrong.

I just wonder if prices will ever go down, deflation? I figure prices are here to stay, and can only go up.

I am now recycling from trees that bit the big one onto trees that I shoulda caged initially...thankfully the trees getting new cages were willows that actually weren't beat up too bad without the cages (one 3 footer did get rubbed by a buck last year though)..I remember buying a 150' of 5' tall 6x6" remesh for 150$ not that long ago in PA..

It's not just inflation. It's probably the supply chain and commodity pricing issues left over from Covid. They still aren't building much, so prices on materials like that are likely to remain high until the expensive stock is cleared out and the new stuff hits the shelves.

Welcome to central planning comrade's!

Inflation is pretty simple, too much demand, too little supply equals price surges. Prices will "eventually" come down as demand starts to drop. At least that was what I was taught in my economic classes. Who knows with this new regime ... we don't have enough workers to support the supply chain and Russia, China, etc. are not shipping key commodities or outsourced manufactured components.

If you think food prices are high now, just wait as these escalating fertilizer, seed, fuel, & herbicides costs have not even been fully factored into the food supply chain yet.

But don't worry, the best and brightest in Gov't are doing everything they can to help us peasants ...

We tossed around the idea of building a new home on one of the farm’s and finally just decided better to stay where we are for a bit do to the material issue’s/inflation. We don’t retire for 11 more years so we have time to wait this administration out I hope. I’d guess we have bad inflation for a minimum until 2026. Hope I’m wrong.
We saved for 20 yrs waiting for the right time. When Obama's economy forced the Feds to drop interest rates so people would spend money we went for it. Locked in a low 3% mortgage and was happy as hell. I would sure hate to be thinking of building right now.

14 rolls of high tensile woven 8ft tall by 330 ft for perimeter fence in 2019 right at $3,000 ,, spring 2022 14 rolls same wire $7,600 if you can get it ,, Current pricing isnt going to go down best would be a slower increase

Well building materials are coming down but there are still supply issues with lots of stuff and there is a very real manpower shortage going on this adds to issues of construction right now. I think it pretty unlikely real estate drops any significant amount in value but year over year valuations will likely cool off to more normal levels.

The prices on some things are ridiculous to say the least. I can remember buying concrete wire for under $90 not long ago and now the prices that are listed above! Go buy a gallon of paint..... that is insane as well. Tried to buy some caulking today at Menards in a big aisle of empty shelves, what is up with caulking now?! For kickers I had to special order in GRAY vinyl siding (minimum order requires 10 pieces to order), our Menards doesnt carry GRAY, Lowes doesnt carry vinyl siding at all and I checked out Home Depot and they had dark brown and white. The special order GRAY came in yesterday. Went to pick it up today and some dumb a$$ had set a pallet on top of it and creased and punctured every piece of it. I ended up getting it for half price, because I cant delay any longer in repairing the 4' piece on the house we sold.

..I remember buying a 150' of 5' tall 6x6" remesh for 150$ not that long ago in PA..
I bought 150' x 5' tall rolls for $104 in southeast Pa. up until the Covid outbreak shut down shipping. Most of the mesh was made in Communist China. Lately - when it's available - the same roll is $347.

Tractor supply has 2x4 mesh 4'x100ft for $119. Picking 1 up when I transplant a fe antonovkas from the nursery this fall.

A few more apple trees for a few more dollars is better than waiting a few more years for apple trees. I got about a dozen or so empty spots at my 2-8 acre home.
center parcel is shared with inlaws, so sometimes it's mine ,sometimes it's not.........