All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In need of a replacement blade for rough cut mower!

StickTime

5 year old buck +
I'm in need of a replacement blade and can't find one anywhere!

If anyone has an old Cycle Country Rough cut 48 they want to part out please email me!! It seems Cycle Country no longer makes or brands atv mowers
I'll pay a finders fee to whoever can find one, thanks

the part number for the blade is PUR 1574
http://hi.atgimg.com/pdf/3292/30-0045.pdf

Why does it have to be that part number? Just get another 2' blade with the same size mounting hole in it.

I have not been able to find a blade close to that shape or weight. in the photo it looks like a regular mower blade but I bet it weighs 25+ pounds

Go to a welding shop and have it made. It is just cold steel more than likely. Just use a piece of cutting edge or something close. They can make a step down block if needed. Should not be to complicated.

I hadn't thought just to make one, you might be right. I've looked for a few months now and can't find a manufactured one

Can you post a picture of it? Is this it? Looks like I could build it easy. A welding shop could make that in a hour out of flat stock.

blade.PNG

thats it #12. I can reuse the reinforcement bar that's bolted to it. I'll call a friend of mine this afternoon and see if he can come up with something at his shop