Ideas for blind windows

DRG3

5 year old buck +
I have a built (not manufactured) hunting box blind and the way it’s sitting deer approaching from one direction can pic us off.

I’m looking for ideas of what folks are doing to darken their box blind windows.
I want to be able to see through them and I need them not to slow me down any more than absolutely necessary because in the rut I might need to shoot quick. (I did last year)

The windows are plexiglass.

Any ideas are appreciated

I use tinted or bronze plexiglass. They can't see in.

Yep, tinted plexiglass. Hides movement but can see great from inside.

7efDnpO.jpg

URU07DG.jpg

I use Deerview windows.

I've used some flat black paint on a few of my windows to stop silhouetting. Primarily back windows that I seldom look out......you can sitill leave a small spot clean if you want to look out....and a razor blade will remove the paint if needed.

Also have some Redneck camo blinds with the see through netting (cheesecloth?) which are held in place with magnets sewn into the fabric. They work quite well too.

what about just adding some camo material , like camo bug screen mesh this way you can see thru it, and just slide it to the side to shoot when needed, and its quiet as well?
when I made my last blind, I made it with solid wood windows, that slide UP to allow me to open as much or little as I wanted, and not glass or clear for trespassers to see into blind or break ?? (I had issues with folks breaking windows in the past) don't have any great pictures of things, but I made them so they just side up and had a rope set with pre set heights that allowed me to open as high or little as I wanted, the front window was 5'6 inches ft wide inside was all blacked out and insulated, I could keep windows open as I wanted and never got cold, and had a small heater if needed, but never used it! it was purposed built for a spot where only 3 sides had windows, so inside always stayed pretty black, never had anything look at me inside,
it was a 6x6x6 blind, and only about 3 ft off the ground , was a pretty heavy blind, made of all pressure treated wood
here's a few I have though not the finished product but close,
I did have curtains inside too, but never felt a need for them, so they didn;t get used really!
my issue with tinted or colored windows or plexi glass is in low light, it makes things way darker than they are, so there is that CON to using that to consider IMO!
its great in good light but low like?? has its down sides!

Attachments

• deer blind 011.JPG
    deer blind 011.JPG
    423.7 KB · Views: 4
  • deer blind 012.JPG
    deer blind 012.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 5
  • deer blind set up 383.JPG
    deer blind set up 383.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 6
  • deer blind set up 384.JPG
    deer blind set up 384.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 6
  • deer blind set up 395.JPG
    deer blind set up 395.JPG
    615 KB · Views: 6
To darken just get the film from home supply for the best window kits check out "Theoriginaldeerblindwindow"