How important is K

Nova

5 year old buck +
I just got soil test back and it looks like both of the plots I had tested this year are on the top end of very low on Potassium. I already have the mill premixing my fertilizer to apply this weekend and I ordered a little lower than the soil test suggested on the K. One plot is going to be beans and the other brassica. Is K pretty important to these crops?

K is one of the basic building blocks for plant growth. Yes it is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's crucial.

If you have a mill premixing for you, they should have 0-0-60, get a couple of bags.

It’s a top 3 macro-nutrient.

Yep they have 0-0-60 that is going into the mix, but it's at 120lbs/acre not the 150lbs per acre the soil test asked for. I'll call them shortly and have them modify the order to go heavier on the 0-0-60.

Appreciate the help! With the late start to the plotting season I wasn't able to get soil samples in until last week. Just got results today.

Yep they have 0-0-60 that is going into the mix, but it's at 120lbs/acre not the 150lbs per acre the soil test asked for. I'll call them shortly and have them modify the order to go heavier on the 0-0-60.

Appreciate the help! With the late start to the plotting season I wasn't able to get soil samples in until last week. Just got results today.

What plant are you using? I am from OTC.

One additional bag of 0-0-60 per acre will give you 30 additional pounds of potassium that is required on your soil test if you are too late to modify.

Last edited:
What plant are you using? I am from OTC.

New Horizon in Fergus falls, but they have several locations in OTC

I did get a hold of them last night and up'ed the K in the mix.:emoji_thumbsup:

I got the fert this weekend, they waited until I got there with the soil sample and custom mixed it on the spot. He was surprised at how low the K was and gave me a good dose of it this time. It's all spread and tilled in now. Planting Friday