Honeysuckle?

Thomasc19

A good 3 year old buck
I have two of these bushes on a field edge on my property in Pennsylvania - Bush honeysuckle? Want to confirm before I kill it

IMG_5083.jpegIMG_5087.jpeg

The bush honeysuckle we have in MN and WI does not look like that at all.

The bush honeysuckle we have in MN and WI does not look like that at all.

I've never seen a confirmed BHS so that's what first came to mind when I saw this with its red berries - hopefully someone can have a better guess than me

I'm 99% sure that's not bush honeysuckle. Or at least not the bush honeysuckle that is found around here.

Pin cherries?

Cut a stem open. If it's hollow, it may be bush honeysuckle. I don't think it is however. The bark doesn't look right.

Yeah that bark is nowhere near what our BHS looks like. Looks like cherry bark so I Google the aforementioned pin cherry and looks close.

I agree with the masses, does not look like any BH I has seen before.

Not BH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I picture Native every time one of us comments on a plant identification….
c5d45321a44b1e899a8d97866fa349e5.jpg

Here’s what PictureThis says:
691EDD60-BF10-427C-9DE9-84CD7AFF3707.png

With just a pic of the bark, PictureThis said common buckthorn. The berries on all the buckthorn i've seen has longer peduncles though and usually smaller looking purple fruit.

This is how I picture Native every time one of us comments on a plant identification….
c5d45321a44b1e899a8d97866fa349e5.jpg

You guys are hilarious. I would concur with Common Winterberry. Also, I would agree that a good test for bush honeysuckle is to look for the hollow stem.