High quality food plot sprayer and seed spreader

dawghall

A good 3 year old buck
I'm looking to buy a quality seed spreader and a food plot sprayer that will attach to a side by side or hitch on a truck or the side by side. This will be used for about 3 acres at least per year. The sprayer can definitely be boomless and the spreader would need to have a remote control to start/stop spinning. Seed being used will range from clover,brassicas, to cowpeas. Like I said, I prefer quality, meaning I'd rather buy one that will last a long while than 3 or 4 that will have constant maintenance or have to be replaced. Please give me any good choices from your experiences, thanks ALOT!

I would get a Herd spreader, it's one and done, or an old "cyclone" if you can find it. I didn't, and have spend more than enough to buy a herd and still don't have a descent spreader after 4-5 attempts. You can make any electric spreader/sprayer work remotely with a Fimco 12V remote switch you can buy for about $25. I have one and it works flawlessly, uses a small fob to run whatever you plug into it.

I intended to buy a high quality sprayer and chose CropCare. I am disappointed, other than the boom. The boom is definitely the best built ATV/UTV boom I've seen. The sprayer came with a pump that wouldn't put out sufficient PSI. I complained and they did upgrade it to a high-end pump for nothing. The customer service has been top-notch. Not sure it was much better than a Fimco or Northern tool, tank seems the same, except yellow. The boom though was worth the extra coin...

Last edited:
I have a Herd spreader mounted on UTV. It's a good one.

I have a Herd spreader mounted on UTV. It's a good one.
Where did you order the herd spreader from and what mounting package did you select for the utv? Thanks for any help

I would get a Herd spreader, it's one and done, or an old "cyclone" if you can find it. I didn't, and have spend more than enough to buy a herd and still don't have a descent spreader after 4-5 attempts. You can make any electric spreader/sprayer work remotely with a Fimco 12V remote switch you can buy for about $25. I have one and it works flawlessly, uses a small fob to run whatever you plug into it.

I intended to buy a high quality sprayer and chose CropCare. I am disappointed, other than the boom. The boom is definitely the best built ATV/UTV boom I've seen. The sprayer came with a pump that wouldn't put out sufficient PSI. I complained and they did upgrade it to a high-end pump for nothing. The customer service has been top-notch. Not sure it was much better than a Fimco or Northern tool, tank seems the same, except yellow. The boom though was worth the extra coin...
Where is the best place to order a herd spreader from? Direct from herd kasco?

Yeah I bought it direct from them. It's just mounted into the receiver. Here's the only pic I can find of it, the day I got it. No cool action shots.

20150312_143736_resized.jpg