Here's a real cool looking one

Yarg

5 year old buck +
This actually looks like a shrub but it is a several stalks in one clump only one I see in the entire place.. it must be good

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_203002882.jpg
    IMG_20180610_203002882.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 36
When was this picture taken?

I'm not certain but going to say Perilla. Seems a little too early for it to be that large as far north as you, but it sure looks like it.

Also, perilla is a plant that has been cultivated and cross bred for different characteristics (both for food and flower gardens), so the appearance can really vary a lot. It can range from deep purple to green and the shape of the leaves can vary as well.

Last edited:
I'm not certain but going to say Perilla. Seems a little too early for it to be that large as far north as you, but it sure looks like it.

Also, perilla is a plant that has been cultivated and cross bred for different characteristics (both for food and flower gardens), so the appearance can really vary a lot. It can range from deep purple to green and the shape of the leaves can vary as well.
You could tell the insects really like this one and I don't know if the flower already passed or the brown tops are a pre bud