Herbicide for brush surrounding trees?

BobinCt

5 year old buck +
I have some brush and I can’t think of the name of it off hand right now. It’s a real pain and starts growing around my cages around my trees and will even grow on my apple trees and choke them out if I didn’t control it. Does anyone know of a herbicide i can spray that will completely kill the stuff without doing harm to the soil surrounding my apple trees. When I say “ harm” I mean that I don’t want a herbicide that can get into the roots of my apples trees by rainfall or run off and kill my trees. I know of Roundup from doing food plots, but I’d like something stronger. Any input would be great.

Is it possible to cut brush off at ground level and apply full strength gly to the cut stump , sprout , wont be any soil activity as there may be with other products , Tordon type brush killer will get to any roots in the area

Roundup should do it. Wouldn’t use something stronger around trees. Use more concentrated mix of round up

Ok. Thx guys

Once you kill it, use air and water permeable landscaping material around the tree as a weed block. Doesn't take much of a breeze to get gly on a seedling when spraying that close.

Thanks,

Jack