help with posting pictures

MRBB

5 year old buck +
OK can anyone here help me with posting pictures
when I first joined here I was able to load some, but then something changed
when I go to post as before(and as on other forums)
using the UPLOAD A FILE option
it works as normal, right until I click on a pictures file on my PC
then for what ever reason, NO pictures will even show up
it will actually says" NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH", yet I am 100% positive there are pictures there, if I open same file NOT using THIS site, there right there, ONLY on this site do they NOT show up?
I am NOT very computer smart, so maybe I changed something on this site on my settings I don't know I did, or??
I tried emailing the site here, but NO one ever gets back to me that way
SO will try this !
can anyone help me resolve this issue?
and thanks in advance, appreciate all and any help!

I don't know how others post their pics but I use Photobucket other than downloading pics to photobucket it's pretty easy and it sizes them for you. Tapatalk is pretty easy to download from your phone also. These are the 2 ways I download pics here.

Maybe one of the mods can help you with this, but I typically upload my pictures to photobucket or imgur. That lets me post the link here as well as on other forums or sites. I only need to upload it once this way.

Thanks,

Jack

thanks, I closed my account on photobucket and I don't use tap talk on my phone, bad eye's so I don't really use a smart phone for much, screens are just too small for my eye's LOl
but thanks, for suggesting them options!

I am just trying tio find out what happened, as I was able to load pic's here as I am trying now< something changed either here on the site or on my side, just don't know which, and if its me, HOW do I correct

To my knowledge Xenforo never had a feature to upload directly to the forum.
The only way I have ever been able to get it to work is photo-bucket or tapatalk.

I'll double check on the Xenforo forums and see if there is way to turn it on but I don't have high hopes.
I'll look and post back.

Bill,

The upload file button lets you upload a picture. Here is a random pic from my computer:

ChipEurekaDunstan.jpg

I used the upload a file button to include it. I generally don't do this because if enough users do it with enough pictures, godaddy will push John to the next level of service (they did it to me on another web site). That is why I use another free picture service to upload pictures and then use the image button to insert the link.

The upload functions seems to be working for me. Not sure why it is not working for the OP.

Thanks,

Jack

Well I'll be dipped!

There is now a button near the reply to post button that says upload file. Click that and then click choose file.
I set the size limit at 1.5 Mb for now. Let's see how it works.

image.png image.png

Bill,

The upload file button lets you upload a picture. Here is a random pic from my computer:

View attachment 11367

I used the upload a file button to include it. I generally don't do this because if enough users do it with enough pictures, godaddy will push John to the next level of service (they did it to me on another web site). That is why I use another free picture service to upload pictures and then use the image button to insert the link.

The upload functions seems to be working for me. Not sure why it is not working for the OP.

Thanks,

Jack

Yep I just turned it on and was playing with it. I think something in the parameters of file size got screwed up.

MRBB,
Let me know if this fixed it. If not maybe update Adobe. It somehow works through that. "I think"

And yes it is cheaper on our end if an outside host is used.

ok I still cannot get it to work, my Adobe is at its latest upload, so that didn't help any either
and again, I used to be able to load pic's this way
its just the past 2-3 weeks now it won't let me,
I get an error like message , as soon as I click on UPLOAD A FILE
and it say's again,
"No Items Match Your Search"
it shows up as if I was trying to open a PICTURE"S file on my PC< just if I TRY to open ANY picture files, it will then OPEN< but say the Same "No Items Meet Your Search'
and I cannot get any pictures files to open, to even TRY to add one

I don't understand WHY, as I can upload pictures using the same deal on other forums, its just THIS one that I cannot

SO< if anyone can help, I would be very grateful!

MRBB,
Any chance you know the size of the pics you're trying to upload.

Here the obscure question, any idea how many mega pixels? Seems over 16 mega pixels isn't liked by Xenforo from my research.

I uploaded this with the upload a file button so I'm kinda at a lossimage.jpeg

And also who did you email? I haven't received any.

well I doubt it has anything to do with size or mega pixels
due to two reasons, ONE, I have uploaded the same size in the past without any issue's
and second
as of right now I cannot even get to a picture to TRY to upload it, its imply will NOT even allow me to view any pictures or even open any file in my PICTURES section on my PC
SO, never get the chance to SEE if a pic is too big or not?
thsu why I think its a setting that some how got changed on my PC, and or this site and my profile or??
as again, ONLY place I have issue is HERE, , which tends to make me think its NOT my PC side of things, if Ic an use like forum option else where and its fine?

I sent a message through the bottom left corner CONTACT US link, tried that 2-3 times over the past say 3 weeks and never got any reply's
so started the tread here?
just want help with this NOT complaining! LOL!

I sent a message through the bottom left corner CONTACT US link, tried that 2-3 times over the past say 3 weeks and never got any reply's
so started the tread here?
just want help with this NOT complaining! LOL!

I understand. I think that link goes directly to the folks at Xenforo. I'll do some more poking around. I didn't see anything in you user settings but I'll double check.

OK thanks, that was the only option I seen for contacting anyone here that I THOUGHT maybe could offer me some help, as when you go to the HELP option, nothing there had any links to contact anyone, and wasn't sure where else to turn, as I am guessing its just me with the issue?
Thanks for the help , much appreciate it!

This sounds to me like an issue on his computer, not with the forum.

well it could be my PC< I guess, BUT that woudn't explain to me why I can upload the same way on other forums but just NOT here and I was able to upload here not too long ago, and I didn't do anything to my PC , or that I know of, and NO one else uses it but me, its at a hunting property and NO one has been here but me so, 100% on that side of things?
BUt either way, I would be welcome to any help to resolve!

Try again. No quarentee' the only settings on your preferences that has anything to do with uploading pics is whether or not to use flash to upload. I turned mine of as a test and can still upload. So I turned yours off on the odd chance it is a flash issue on your PC.

and NOW Its working, SO I guess that was it
thanks a bunch

Attachments

• freaky 8 2013.jpg
    freaky 8 2013.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3