Help with fall planting

ToddG

5 year old buck +
I have a 1 acre food plot that was planted in Ladino clover and WR. It looks great and has smothered out all the grass and weeds. I know the deer love the WR so whats the best way for me to get it planted in this food plot in the fall? Can I just over seed into the existing clover his fall? If I do nothing, will the Ladino feed the deer throughout the winter or will it go dormant? Any si
Thanks,ggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'd say that in VA, your ladino will stay pretty useful all winter, not to say that rye wouldn't, as well.

Just top seed the WR into the clover, it will germinate and should come in nicely this fall/winter. I do this to pretty much all of my plots every fall. Up here in the north in comes in in the fall, and then in the spring, it comes in extra strong early on and keeps weeds at bey, until I want to replant my next crop mid summer. I also spread some into my clover plots to fill in the thin spots, and add a little extra clover where needed as well .

Just top seed the WR into the clover, it will germinate and should come in nicely this fall/winter. I do this to pretty much all of my plots every fall. Up here in the north in comes in in the fall, and then in the spring, it comes in extra strong early on and keeps weeds at bey, until I want to replant my next crop mid summer. I also spread some into my clover plots to fill in the thin spots, and add a little extra clover where needed as well .
Ok thanks. I'll give it a try.