All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identify this apple variety

OhioJeremy

A good 3 year old buck
First, I want to say thanks in advance for some of my stupid help questions. Ya'll have lots of knowledge and I have only 2 years of growing experience when growing fruit so lots of my issues are all new to me. Please see attached pics, anyone got a clue what variety this is?20180827_152039.jpg20180827_152117.jpg

It would help to know where you got it, how old it is, what it tastes like, when it gets ripe, etc.
It could be a Jonathan. Jonathans are tart when ripe.

Without more info would be hard to say for sure.

However, since it is shaped like a Sheepnose (aka Black Gilliflower) and colored like a Sheepnose. My guess is Sheepnose. You can look at the link below and find out more info to see a picture:

http://www.learn2grow.com/plants/malus-domestica-black-gilliflower-images-large-97717/

The tree was already here when I bought the property. Previous owner planted about 5 years ago. Seems to ripen beginning of September to mid September. Crisp and is a little tart, white flesh, large brown seeds.