Heavy fruit set this year

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Last year I had a good fruit set at home and below average at the farm. This year both places look heavy. I think we are past having to worry about any freezing now in my area, but you never know what Mother Nature may hurl at you....

TDaRYJA.jpg

yxLdcQg.jpg

vrQPsGv.jpg

WZYDfuL.jpg

kvdwqPO.jpg

RHPEj7Y.jpg

Beautiful. How old are those trees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful. How old are those trees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple in first pic is 6 leaf on MM111 (I think this was either Priscilla or Caney Fork Limbertwig).
Pear in second pic is about 4-5 leaf from WG.
Third pic is a crabapple I topworked in the spring of 2017.
4th pic is a dwarf bush cherry set two or three years ago (Carmine Jewel).
5th pic is 7th leaf apple at home (Myer's Royal LT).
6th is a 4th leaf Kieffer Pear at home.

You're trees are so far ahead of me up here, I've got a few kieffers that are just about to flower here the rest of the apple/pear trees just now started to leaf out in the last week.
Nice to see the frost didn't get you and your going to get some pears this year!

You are a ways ahead of us MO growers as well!!
I think this may be the year I get to post some fruit grower success pics:) Just took a walk in my home orchard with my little girl! I sure enjoy that!
Lots of grafts growing in raised garden beds to add to the Arsenal next year!

Def ahead of me here in Connecticut. Anyways, they look good.

Lookin' great there, NH. Hope they really produce for you this year. We dipped under 30 last night, but only for a short while. Two days ago, I had only 1 tree so far with any blossoms. It's this Korean Giant on 3rd leaf. If they set fruit I'll remove them. Lilacs here are just to the point where the next two 70 degree days will have them opened up I think. We have rain in the forecast 14 of the next 15 days says weather.com

20190426_150239.jpg

Thanks guys, and I wish all of you the best on your fruit. I will also mention that I'm seeing sprouts from some of the direct seeded chinkapins I planted last year. They just started showing up in the last few days.