Heater Body Suits

scott44

5 year old buck +
I orderd a Heater Body Suit and it'll be here mid week, I should have asked this before ordering but are they really as good as they claim? If you have one what are the good and bad points of them? Thx

You'll be happy, Scott. Just remember that you don't have to zip them all the way up, so you can hold your bow the entire time, criss cross the straps across your chest and apply slight pressure out when unzipping to minimize noise. The down side is that you put it on in stand, after strapping in and you may not feel like you can safely move around stand as much in it until you get used to it. That said, the up sides make those very minor issues in comparison.

When it 10 degrees or less, I always appreciate mine

I love mine. One of the best investments in hunting gear I've made.

The only con in my eyes is it takes a little getting used to getting in one in the stand.

This video, showing how to put on a heater body suit is helpful:

-John

This reminds me of a year ago... I got in the stand (-5 degrees), put on my HBS, and reached for my bow rope...... I couldn't reach it :oops:

The time before in that stand, I had (in the dark getting down) broke the bow rope. It was getting old and weak. So I climbed back up and re-tied it to the tree. Only I tied it to the wrong tree, the stand was on one trunk, I tied it to another one right next to it. Too far to reach from the stand wearing a HBS.

So off it came, I climbed down, got my bow, climbed back up and put the HBS back on. I was angry that morning. And sweaty!

After all of that, I was nice and warm in the HBS. If you get cold in one, something went wrong.

-John

I purchased one about a year ago and wore it twice this fall.

The straps seem too tight and my shoulders feel like they are scrunched together. Is that done to make it easy to open or is it just too tight?

I have sent them an email, but no reply. The suit was not worn on stand until this fall.

The straps seem too tight and my shoulders feel like they are scrunched together. Is that done to make it easy to open or is it just too tight?

I have sent them an email, but no reply. The suit was not worn on stand until this fall.

I was wearing my heavy hunting coat and wool bibs under the suit. Maybe not necessary?

Thanks for all your inputs, I got the suit and the first thing I have to do is go to the laundry mat and wash it, pretty strong new smell and it definetly won't fit in our washing machine.

I'm going by memory here, but I think you can adjust the straps. I'll have to take a look at mine.

I'm going by memory here, but I think you can adjust the straps. I'll have to take a look at mine.
Yes they are adjustable

Heater Body Suits called me and I can return it for a wider size.

They are very nice people to work with.

Glad to hear you got it taken care of.

Good deal.