Happy Fathers Day to everyone!

scott44

5 year old buck +
I hope everyone has good and happy Fathers Day. I'm spending mine smoking some ribs and enjoying it with my family. Have a good one!

Same to all Dads out there !! My youngest son is smoking chicken halves for supper tonight. He & I built the UDS smoker together- so it's pretty cool to reap some grub from it on Father's day.

Enjoy the day men !!

Unfortunately I had to work today but the phone has blown up with happy Fathers Day texts and messages keeping a smile on my face all day.
Hope everyone is having a great day....warm one here it just hit 100!

Well - I have to report. It was his first try at chicken on the smoker. He used some oak, cherry, and pear wood for smoke. Smoking temp in the UDS was 185 degrees. After 4 1/2 hours, he took them off. They were falling apart tender, super juicy, and the internal temp. registered 180+ on his electronic meat thermometer. Just the right amount of smoke, too - not over-done.

WOW. WOW. WOW. He made a white sauce from scratch to dip the chicken in & it was lip-smackin' good !!! Side dishes were 3-bean salad, broccoli salad, & cole slaw. It was absolutely killer. It's good to be a dad !!!

^^^^^^^^^I'm hoping you got pics for the What's for Supper thread?

My son took pix on his phone, but He'll have to upload them to here. Dad's a dinosaur when it comes to getting pix to this forum !! :emoji_frowning2: