All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Crab Apple in Full Bloom day!

American Crab from Willis Nursery down in Georgia - shipped and planted in SE Michigan.

Chestnut crab on dolgo.
4d16056c43d29507daf168f93f4409d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a few days away from blooms. Seem to be about ten days behind this year. No frost in forecast!

Hey Sandyboi - That chestnut crab’s a beaut! I’ve got two no where near that size. That’ll be awesome! Will yours throw a bushel?

Hey Sandyboi - That chestnut crab’s a beaut! I’ve got two no where near that size. That’ll be awesome! Will yours throw a bushel?

If we get rain, yes. The apple load last year bent the leader. I could not reach it to thin it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siberian Crab no slouch either.

One of the old guys, responded well to his first haircut this spring.

Attachments

• 20180520_151603.jpg
    20180520_151603.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 17
Full Bloom here in Northwestern Vermont is one week later then usual. Here is a pictures of Franklin trees planted last spring. I will of course remove the flowers/fruit each year until year four to allow these trees to grow better size and structure for future cropping. The Franklin is the most precocious bearing tree that I have had the pleasure to grow.

IMG_2864.JPGIMG_2867.JPGIMG_2862.JPG