Habitat-Talks September trail cam contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Administrator
  1. Photos submitted for the contest must have been taken by a trail camera during the current month or the month prior. Example= To be eligible for the June 2022 contest, the photo must have been taken with a trail camera during May 2022 or June 2022.
  2. Photos must be submitted on or before the last day of the month for the contest to be eligible. Example= March 31st is the last day to enter a photo in the March contest.
  3. The winner is decided by the photo that receives the most "likes", counted on the 10th day after the end of the month. Example= Photo with the most "likes" on July 10th is the winner of the June contest. In the event of a tie the photo that was posted first will be deemed the winner.
  4. Members can submit up to 5 photos per contest (one photo per post), however no photo can be submitted into more than one contest.
  5. Members can "like" as many photos as they wish. (Participation is key to this working. Don't wait until the end of the month to vote for a winner, "like" photos as they are posted if you like them).
  6. Categories to be announced on a monthly basis.
  7. Any and all disputes or questionable entries will be reviewed by Admin and handled accordingly.
  8. The category for this month is restricted to (No restrictions)
This year no monthly prizes but we’ll put all monthly winners in a best of best for a really nice custom built knife.

End of year prize for the best it the best https://habitat-talk.com/threads/trail-cam-best-of-the-best-contest-prize.14789/

Last edited:
This bean plot is the only source of beans (other than our other fenced plot) for at least 1.5 miles in any direction. It got hit hard this year. Not a good photo you want to see.

Attachments

• T_00025 (3).JPG
    T_00025 (3).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 67
This bean plot is the only source of beans (other than our other fenced plot) for at least 1.5 miles in any direction. It got hit hard this year. Not a good photo you want to see.

Somebody took one for the team a busted that first row. That stinks!

Velvet hanging

7766502ee517f82aad6c35c7a35e1f29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm trying that.
We've done it 3x now and this guy is the one that likes them the best but the woodchucks/raccoons made plenty of appearances too.🙃

A couple bucks behind the house. I had a guy out with his 9 year old son for youth season I have at least 9 different bucks on camera behind the house and they shot at and missed two does.

Attachments

• EC39E1E8-ADBC-4825-9A6A-707BEA2BE5A9.jpeg
    EC39E1E8-ADBC-4825-9A6A-707BEA2BE5A9.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 61
My brother is still living in Wisconsin and they have put a stop to most baiting. I planted a apple orchard 20+ years ago on my mothers place up there and one orchard on his place back when I owned it. Those orchards are paying dividends now with the current state of things in that state he is even on board with the planting more apple trees and never thought I’d see that. He has added several in the last couple years. I was planting apple orchards for deer way before it was cool 😎

Sadly here in Liberal NY that is considered baiting :( you cant even kick apples from trees near by to put them in front of your camera,

Cool idea though, me likes it!
We don’t refill the kabob about 2 weeks before we hunt. NE state law is 10 days.

We don’t refill the kabob about 2 weeks before we hunt. NE state law is 10 days.
That's cool bud, I didn't mean to imply anything there, it was more of a jab at our ridiculous laws here in NY.

I had a (distant) friend that posted a cool trailcam picture of a doe with 2 piebald fawns on social media. A few weeks later he posted that he was upset that the DEC had just ticketed him for baiting laws because although the picture is taken along a row of apple trees on the edge of a field, he clearly moved the apples from surrounding trees so they were in a visible small pile in front of the trailcam. Obviously they didn't drop in that manner but it isn't like he bought apples and put them in a place they don't belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.