Habitat-talks August 2022 trail cam contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Administrator
  1. Photos submitted for the contest must have been taken by a trail camera during the current month or the month prior. Example= To be eligible for the June 2022 contest, the photo must have been taken with a trail camera during May 2022 or June 2022.
  2. Photos must be submitted on or before the last day of the month for the contest to be eligible. Example= March 31st is the last day to enter a photo in the March contest.
  3. The winner is decided by the photo that receives the most "likes", counted on the 10th day after the end of the month. Example= Photo with the most "likes" on July 10th is the winner of the June contest. In the event of a tie the photo that was posted first will be deemed the winner.
  4. Members can submit up to 5 photos per contest (one photo per post), however no photo can be submitted into more than one contest.
  5. Members can "like" as many photos as they wish. (Participation is key to this working. Don't wait until the end of the month to vote for a winner, "like" photos as they are posted if you like them).
  6. Categories to be announced on a monthly basis.
  7. Any and all disputes or questionable entries will be reviewed by Admin and handled accordingly.
  8. The category for this month is restricted to (Antlers)
This year no monthly prizes but we’ll come with a prize for the best of the best at the end of the year.

uIvFL0p.jpg

4F243C20-4172-48F1-8B62-6047E11D4D91.jpeg68EC77C4-FD33-4DC2-BAC8-44E70A146E24.jpeg

Native is that a known buck and is he a target this year

Native is that a known buck and is he a target this year

Yes, he is a target this year, and I'm 80% sure I know him from last year. He was one of three that was in a nice bachelor group (that was bedding on me), but this year he is alone. He is showing up very little so far at my place lately. I think that is mostly because there are soybeans about 400 yards away, and I feel he is staying close to them. All that should change when crops start getting harvested. I lease my field that is in corn and don't have a lot of control with the farmer when he picks it. He will work with me to some degree but can only accommodate so much.

I feel that I have a good shot at this deer, but it is far from a sure thing. He is on my smaller farm rather than my main place, and that farm is harder to hunt due to less than perfect access. I will keep you guys posted as time goes on. Last year a ginseng hunting trespasser messed up everything for me at this farm, but I have that taken care of now.

One encouraging thing is that a couple of years ago I had a target 6 year old on this farm that I hadn't had a picture of for two months and ended up getting him. I'm hoping for history to repeat itself.

Last edited:
Good luck I have the same issue with a buck that I have showing up but I went from 2 pictures 2 years ago to hundreds last year and already some this year.He also is on my smaller farm and doesn't bed on me.Good luck

I agree, don’t like to see it. That same wolf has been on a few cameras. Had a video of it coming into a water hole, pausing and looking around, the slinking off. Eery! Here is a lighter one, licking sticks aren’t just for deer apparently.

9356DF06-2B04-4251-A361-1E5F94E5C523.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.