Habitat podcasts

Brian662

5 year old buck +
I'm going to be doing some bird hunting out in ND which usually means a fair amount of vehicle time. Looking for some podcasts related to habitat work that you guys recommend listening to.

Could be anything from invasive control to hinge cutting bedding areas and beyond. Something to kill time because by the third time I hear the same song on the radio, I'll be ready for a change.

Thanks!

Check out MSU deer lab. They also have fire and pond university but there is quite a bit of overlap on content.

Something that is growing on me is Land and Legacy.

Any of the episodes when Bill Winke was a guest on the The Habitat Podcast are great.

chasing giants,The land podcast,team radical,the last breath,land and legacy,a fistful of dirt

I listen to several. Land and Legacy prob favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out MSU deer lab. They also have fire and pond university but there is quite a bit of overlap on content.

Something that is growing on me is Land and Legacy.
My favorite habitat/deer podcast. Bout the only one I consistently listen to.

I like Deer Lab as well. I quit listening to Land and Legacy, great topics but the actual content is just a bunch of generic garbage.
What I like most about Deer Lab is that almost everything is based on research themselves or others have done.

I live in MN and the thing I wonder about with MSU deer lab is how much of that stuff translates to these colder climates. I know a deer is a deer, but food choices will vary greatly depending on temperature.

The MSU deer lab teamed up with a few other universities to form the Natural Resources University podcast. They have it broken down into different areas. Some recent episodes were on invasive species control in the midwest and another one was what makes Kansas great for deer. You can kind of cherry pick different episodes you may be interested in.

I live in MN and the thing I wonder about with MSU deer lab is how much of that stuff translates to these colder climates. I know a deer is a deer, but food choices will vary greatly depending on temperature.
There have actually been several studies done by them and others that have tackled that very question. Deer are a lot more similar across regions than one would initially think.