Grill Masters

trampledbyturtles

5 year old buck +
In the market for a new grill.

The one I have is shot so anything would be an upgrade.

Looking at trager. But also want something I can due burgers and chicken on and be done quick as well. Dont mind propane, cause that's what I'm used to. But also like smoking things when time allows.

Any input appreciated

I love my Kamado Joe but I’m no master. My FiL has gone thru 2 pellet grills and still isn’t satisfied with their searing ability.

I am far from a master but I have a black stone and a primo kamado grill. Between the two have just about all bases covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am in the market.
I saw Weber has a propane grill with a separate pellet feeder for smoking built in. It looked intriguing, and it was only $1100.

I have looked at Treager grills last year, but their online reviews suck.

If you do a lot of slow cooking - pork butts, ribs, brisket, chicken, you can't beat a pellet grill. I've owned a Traeger since 2014. Now on my 2nd. Hear great things about Rec Tec pellet grills. Guess I've been luck with my Traegers as I haven't had any issues and I use it a lot. The new ones with wi-fi are really nice for slow cooks as you set the temp and the desired doneness temp and forget it.

Smoked a butt and 2 racks of baby backs Saturday.
81494D50-A1B3-4DEC-9138-3B35E079F876.jpeg
C2F254A7-E60A-4624-B8C7-1EBBB1B51132.jpeg

Not a fan of my pellet grill for hot cooks like steaks n burgers. Have a Blackstone flat top for smash burgers and other stuff. Both get used a lot. Nothin beats a flat top for smash burgers, breakfast meats n eggs, fajitas, n such. Never owned a ceramic grill like Kamado Joe or Green Egg. Hear great things about them as well. Bout the only thing I would prefer to cook over hot coals is a steak and usually end up reverse searing in oven then in a hot black iron skillet.

You’re not going to find 1 appliance that can do them all. So, buy a Weber gas grill, Blackstone griddle, Kamado Joe lump charcoal smoker. That’ll cover all of your needs.

Just own a gas grill.....then buy a cast iron plate for smash burgers, shrimp, steaks, and such.....and a SS container for a pellet smoker to place in your grilll...and you have covered all the bases. I dont understand guys that need 5 appliances to cook some meat.

Just own a gas grill.....then buy a cast iron plate for smash burgers, shrimp, steaks, and such.....and a SS container for a pellet smoker to place in your grilll...and you have covered all the bases. I dont understand guys that need 5 appliances to cook some meat. (tho I do own a gas fired griddle for pancakes and sausage at my deer camp). FORE!

Just own a gas grill.....then buy a cast iron plate for smash burgers, shrimp, steaks, and such.....and a SS container for a pellet smoker to place in your grilll...and you have covered all the bases. I dont understand guys that need 5 appliances to cook some meat.
Just 3….;)

I recently purchased the Sam's version of the Weber Genesis - https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-pro-series-5-burner-gas-grill/prod26361687?xid=plp_product_6 and am pretty happy with it, but not as happy as I was with my Infrared grill that I had for 20 years. I also have an Akorn (nock off kamado) that does exactly what I need it to on the cheap.

A friend of mine has one of these and his has been happy with it other than not getting a deep smoke flavor like I get on my akorn. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-P...53DTrjv4udwJe8ey38RoCAJYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have a Green Mountain tailgate model pellet grill. It's outstanding for slow smokes. For everything else I prefer to cook over a wood fire. With that said I've found that it's very easy to cook perfect steaks with an air fryer.

I love my Blackstone for steaks, smash burgers, eggs, pancakes...... I still use a $20 charcoal grill for hot dogs and brats. And I have an old gas grill that gets used for a slow cook.

I have the camp chef pellet grill. The reviews were better than the tragger, it has been great. I have a black stone next to it and it gets way more use. If I could only have one I would have to keep the black stone.

Own 2 camp chef pellet grills, 500 degrees is as got as you can get it, on a good day. Still better than LP. You can't get a good smoke flavor with the pellet grill if use to a stick burner. Neighbor at the lake bought a new charcoal grill with the automatic feed. He loves it, set the thermometer, and forget it. He said the only down side is that it uses a fair amount of charcoal.

I've been shopping for a new Weber Genesis. '22 models just hit the store here and are a little different from last year models. Probably cost 1100 for the model I'll get. I like cooking with the gas and just getting it over with. I enjoy using charcoal on summer vaca and our electric smoker once or twice a year.

You can get a 1500 degree sear for steaks with lump charcoal in a chimney starter. Just get good and hot and set it right over the steak. 60-90 seconds is all you need per side. Saves a lot of time standing around a grill. I was looking at the new tranger grills, $3500 starting price. Wow!