Grapple Suggestions

GMan5465

5 year old buck +
Just bought an MX6000 and considering grapple options. I plan on using it for cleaning up brush and also moving logs or loading them onto a trailer. loader capacity at the pivot pin is 2275 pounds. The grapple that was suggested is the SGC1572, it weighs in at 922 pounds. So only 1300 pounds left to lift. Talked to EA about the EA 60 wicked grapple, and they are 6 months out. However, they weigh in at 400 pounds giving me 500 additional pounds of lifting ability. As much as I don’t want to wait 6 months, I also don‘t want to make a bad purchase.

So, I’d like get feedback from those in the know. What suggestions do you have? Any insights would be GREATLY appreciated.

I love my EA55 grapple on my kubota l2501.

killing me with the six months... i have been dragging my feet on ordering an EA 66. Figured it was winter now and there was no rush. My last call to them around septemeber they were still running about 3 months. UGH! I figured as long as i got in an order by Feb i was good! Darn... i better get that call in this week!

My hesitation is delivery. My hunting property is 90 mins each way. And with work, I can't get a phone call on Monday telling me it will be delivered Wed. I need to be able to do more planning. Like at least 2-3 weeks in advance and I need to be able to pick the day around my work schedule. I haven't figured out yet how to pull this off for a grapple or a Big Tool Rack (wife gave me for xmas).

I was concerned about the weight of the SGC1572 and picking up larger oak logs. As I got the thinking about, if I do have really large logs, I could always use pallet forks, which would be significantly lighter than the grapple. Inconvenient, but also is probably more of an exception. I think having a more solid grapple might be nice when rooting around.

Two years ago I bought a brand new JD 4044M. The dealer sold me a Westendorf Brushcrusher 4200. It was undersized for my tractor and ended up getting bent (along with my tractor). Fortunately I had followed good advice from all of you and had used a local dealer who was awesome…took it back, full refund, and sold me this grapple. Could not be happier!!4BC822E2-9DE1-486A-A17A-0C4E6C0A840E.jpeg