Grant woods

Howboutthemdawgs

5 year old buck +
Saw he is selling the property featured on growing deer tv. Good for him. This market is hot and he will likely net generational money. With that said I have always been more than curious about how a wildlife biologist had the kind of money to purchase 2300 acres. I know it’s not any of my business but it’s always a thought I can’t shake when I watch him. Granted I’m sure the popularity of his show has helped in recent years but the initial purchase was well before the show. Any insight on his path that allowed him to make such a purchase...for the record im jealous not hating!

He created BioLogic.

Attachments

• Professional-experience-for-Dr.-Grant-Woods (1).pdf
    260.1 KB · Views: 59
Oh nice! Good for him. He can get a little annoying always pimping something but I respect his knowledge and what he accomplished on that property

After years of planting Eagle soybeans every summer, he now proclaims that he ALWAYS plants diverse seed mixes.

Im a fan, but some of comments make me roll my eyes.

Is he buying land elsewhere?

After years of planting Eagle soybeans every summer, he now proclaims that he ALWAYS plants diverse seed mixes.

He is selling the 1800 acres he improved and moving to the 500 acres he left untouched. My guess is a hot market plus running out of content influenced his decision.

Bill Winke sold his property last summer. I'm seeing a trend going around... Bill just gave an update interview on Midwest Whitetail yesterday that went over his mindset for why he sold and backed away from Midwest Whitetail.

I'm sure seeing the offer is extremely tempting. But I can't imagine selling something you have built for so many years. I don't think anyone really has that in mind when starting out or as you grow your footprint. Maybe there are some folks on this forum that can relate.

He is selling the 1800 acres he improved and moving to the 500 acres he left untouched. My guess is a hot market plus running out of content influenced his decision.
I really hated that he’d stopped doing habitat videos. I watched every minute of that stuff. Not sure if his viewership was slowing or whether his interest in making the content was waning ... I had no interest in his Florida pig hunts or his pro staff hunts.

I really hated that he’d stopped doing habitat videos. I watched every minute of that stuff. Not sure if his viewership was slowing or whether his interest in making the content was waning ... I had no interest in his Florida pig hunts or his pro staff hunts.
Amen. His gator, pig and even turkey hunts were horrible to watch. Never made it though a one.
With that said I always enjoyed his habitat work and hope he spends more time showing him shaping this new tract.

It's all speculation, but it may just be that he enjoys the journey more than the destination. Taking a property from 0 to something is rewarding. One of the requirements I had when looking for a property was that it had little to no hunting or habitat improvements.

I do also see a trend in native habitat management on small properties. Proving results in those circumstances is an accomplishment.

He seeds his beans into the past years fall "buffalo blend" and repeats it every year. The buffalo blend is his diversity.

He seeds his beans into the past years fall "buffalo blend" and repeats it every year. The buffalo blend is his diversity.
Right, so he ALWAYS plants blends ... in the fall.

I would think that since he produces web content he publishes that info. However, if he is like me, he is always trying something new on a smaller scale. It could just be that he is hesitant to publish that info until he is satisfied with the blend.

You may be right. Either way I don't think twice about it.

In this video he talks about his reasoning in moving away from soybeans in the summer and extending how he always plants diverse plots in the fall into planting diverse plots in the spring too.

I get that I’m being nit picky, but I feel I have that right as the consumer, here.

Knowing he started BioLogic, it’s odd that they have never been big on cover crops, diverse mixes?

There has been a lot of changing practices in AG over the past 10 years. Cover crops have made up most of the change. I think that store shelves play a big role. Diverse mixes take big bags of seed and most stores just aren't going to have room or want to deal with 50# bags.

It's all speculation, but it may just be that he enjoys the journey more than the destination. Taking a property from 0 to something is rewarding. One of the requirements I had when looking for a property was that it had little to no hunting or habitat improvements.

I do also see a trend in native habitat management on small properties. Proving results in those circumstances is an accomplishment.
He says just that in the announcement video.

The 500 acres he will be working on now might allow him to be more small property minded and relatable to more landowners.

Anyone have a prediction for total sale price? 1800 acres, the house, barn, and equipment should fetch a pretty penny for the right buyer.

The 500 acres he will be working on now might allow him to be more small property minded and relatable to more landowners.

Anyone have a prediction for total sale price? 1800 acres, the house, barn, and equipment should fetch a pretty penny for the right buyer.
Don’t know much about that area, but I always figured it’d be pretty attractive, being so close to Branson.

+1. Agree I skip those now. I much prefer the habitat content. Hoping he returns to that with the 500 acre tract.

Sellers market now, Winke recognized this as well..

I was thinking about that when I watched. I guessed between 5-6 million