D

dipper

they are getting sick on me?
5CA0159A-5916-4A26-B665-18950A49C9AB.jpg

This is like a Amber colored rust
BC6449C4-A134-4A5B-ACC2-975E69C7037B.jpg

Is it lack of water maybe?
9B2CDCF2-9BDA-4CA2-B3BE-B4BD497FEBFC.jpg

Not that I know of, not saying I would know if it was here anyway. These are at my house where I don't have any fruit trees.
I think that last pic. Might be black mildew I've had on everything earlier in the spring. The trees seemed moist, but I watered anyway.
Should I cut that stuff off the first one?

I agree first one looks like it could be FB. Maybe some kind of mold on the second. Third not sure looks like some bug damage on the one leaf might have damaged the stem on the droopy one as well. Are the getting plenty of sunlight and air movement? I will admit I am not a fan of trying to raise trres in pots or bags, they always seem slow growing and more prone to issues.

Sun could be better too, that I'm working on. I tried these rootmaker bags, the trees were pretty good up until this last week.

5CA0159A-5916-4A26-B665-18950A49C9AB.jpg

I grabbed this leader and there was a crusty, spory, light brown colored film that separated this dead section, to the rest of the tree.

I haven't had any issues growing in bags at all. I've grown a lot of trees in the roottrapper bags and i've found it almost impossible to over water them and i've always had excellent growth. Some better than others but I never thought it was related to the bags. Not sure about that first one but man that thing looks brutal. I would probably cut my losses and just get it the heck out of the nursery and destroy it immediately.

I pulled it out of the ground. There was a little seperation on one side of the whip and tounge graft. Maybe something got in there. Besides that nasty black part the 8"s of new growth looked healthy.
What's one more failed graft?

What's one more failed graft?

Certainly not the end of the world. On my sand country farm that means 1 less hole to dig, 3 less bags of manure to haul, 2 less bags of pea gravel to haul.

U should get into compost instead of having to pay for manure. Trees love it as a mulch, and it holds water like nothing else. It would save u on pea gravel too

compost takes time and with the volume im doing, i just dont have that kind of time.

Next year, dig those buggers (the bags) into the ground!

Is there any possibility of a spray injury? I sprayed with Sevin, and for some reason, I had a few leaves that looked like that first one. I snipped them off and then it recovered. In my 1897% amateur opinion, I'd say trim that first one down to the leaf below the dead part.

Looks like FB. Have a funeral and move on. You will graft more lol. If I worried about all the trees that died I would be in menaptal institution. That's why you graft. To keep them coming when the others die. It sucks but it's a fact of life and grafting haha

Next year, dig those buggers (the bags) into the ground!

Is there any possibility of a spray injury? I sprayed with Sevin, and for some reason, I had a few leaves that looked like that first one. I snipped them off and then it recovered. In my 1897% amateur opinion, I'd say trim that first one down to the leaf below the dead part.

I've been spraying my young grafts with sevin and bonide all summer long and haven't seen anything like that at all. I spray to keep the Japanese beetles and other pests off them, it really helps.

I've been spraying my young grafts with sevin and bonide all summer long and haven't seen anything like that at all. I spray to keep the Japanese beetles and other pests off them, it really helps.

It was literally only a few/half of the leaves on only one tree. I don't know what the heck happened. It didn't show anything since.

You can't spray for fire blight. It's a wicked disease and this year was bad. Good news is that apples are plentiful and it may not be back next year depending on the conditions. Wet and cool is ideal for FB as we had this year early in northeast