Grafting fruit tree ?

Mattyq2402

5 year old buck +
I've never tried grafting. I'm interested in adding to my existing orchards. I was looking to buy some dolgo rootstock from blue hill. Does anyone have a go to video on the process? My father just purchased a new greenhouse. Would this be a good idea? What time of year do you graft?

I have an ancient pear in the yard that gets hammered in November and really would like to try grafting it. Any help is appreciated

I've never tried grafting. I'm interested in adding to my existing orchards. I was looking to buy some dolgo rootstock from blue hill. Does anyone have a go to video on the process? My father just purchased a new greenhouse. Would this be a good idea? What time of year do you graft?

I have an ancient pear in the yard that gets hammered in November and really would like to try grafting it. Any help is appreciated
I learned to graft watching this video.

Don't do it! You will from here on out forever have grafted trees that need to be planted, whether you have room for them or not. You won't be able to stop.
If you ignore my advice :emoji_wink:, the video above was one I watched when I learned how to do it.

Is the greenhouse a good ideA?

I would say no. You want your trees to be on the same growing schedule as the environment that they are going to be planted into.