Going to War with borers

Peeps

5 year old buck +
I lost 2 trees this summer and I’m pretty sure it was from borers which I’ve never had a problem with before. I also found a few holes in another tree as well. That one’s still alive. With my schedule and weather I wasn’t able to keep up with my spray schedule this year as well as I like. My plan going forward is to paint all the trunks with the latex, joint compound, and permethrin mixture and make it a priority next year to get up there to spray every 10-14 days. Lost another tree from bears and had others damaged from them but I’m a little limited on fighting that problem.

I have a lot of problems with pine borers this year. They are damaging a lot of my pines.

You can save that one tree yet if you use a systemic pesticide on it asap... Follow the direction as this product is mixed with water and applied to the roots. Bonide makes a good one, but I'm sure there are others. I had a problem with borers on one of my properties. I used a half gallon of "good" exterior acrylic latex paint, 1/2 bottle of seven dust, 1 oz of permethrin, and a quart of water, all mixed. I coated the main trunk as far as I could reach with no ill effects on the trees. I haven't lost a tree since!