Getting ready for fall plots

SD51555

5 year old buck +
There's only 7 weeks left until the days start getting shorter and we head for fall. Got me thinking about fall plots already. Hoping I can finally get planting this weekend. Gonna be wet though. Hope I don't get my implements buried.

I agree this is the time to plan for fall success. This will be my first year to no-till the fall food plots. Just picked up my seed order yesterday. However, I still have 10 acres of spring pollinators and nesting seeds to get into the ground before the fall planting, along with lots of trees to get into the ground.

Quit tilling so damn deep and you shouldn't have to worry about getting stuck! Leave a little thatch for once, jeepers! :emoji_wink:
I was out checking plots this morning. My boots went 4" deep into mud in some spots. I'm still going to try to plant this afternoon if it quits raining. Thankfully, I can get all of it done in about 15 minutes per plot.

I got my clover and collards in a few weeks ago! Going to be a couple more weeks before I get to work on the rest of the main sping plantings.

I got my first round of seeding done yesterday. I’ve got 3 plots on my place, and I could only seed what isn’t under water.

Yes, that is snow back there.

27159f6a963519e618026b8f8580ad87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk