Generally fertilizer for brassicas?

ncstewart

5 year old buck +
My brassicas are a little yellow. Had a soil test but lost it and not enough to time for another so what is a general rule of thumb or is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just throw on 100 lbs per acre of 46-0-0 right before a rain and see what it does for them.

I second that

If there is no rain in the near future but it rained the day before, and you know you can't get back to camp for a couple of weeks, would spreading the urea be a waste?

I too want to add urea to my plots and it is raining there now but I'm going tomorrow and no rain in the forecast until later next week.

If there is no rain in the near future but it rained the day before, and you know you can't get back to camp for a couple of weeks, would spreading the urea be a waste?

I too want to add urea to my plots and it is raining there now but I'm going tomorrow and no rain in the forecast until later next week.

Takes rain to put it in the ground, you only get a few days during the summer before you start losing some of it. You get more days the cooler it gets. If I needed it on my crop, I would spread. Because it sure won't help sitting in the bag!

Takes rain to put it in the ground, you only get a few days during the summer before you start losing some of it. You get more days the cooler it gets. If I needed it on my crop, I would spread. Because it sure won't help sitting in the bag!

Thanks. Does the morning dew help at all?

If you don't have rain in the near future or can't get the urea (46-0-0) down right before a rain, go with 34-0-0. This fertilizer is called top dresser fertilizer and it won't start to breakdown until you get some rain. It has a little lower nitrogen factor but you won't lose nitrogen to the air, like urea. I concur with previous posts, yellowing of brassicas is due to a nitrogen deficiency. Add some nitrogen and the yellowing will disappear.