Garden Soil Sample?

SwampCat

5 year old buck +
78D9BBF7-C051-4DD8-BBF7-AC741EF39527.jpeg

The P and K in my garden is way high. That, combined with higher pH is probably restricting plant uptake of nutrients. How do you get rid of excess P and K

My phosphorus is really high as well, and I asked about how to lower it, and all I got was leave it high, eventually rain and crops will slowly make it drop. Also don’t add anymore, so no more 10-10-10 or like fertilizers. You could also plant stuff that uses up high amounts of P&K but unless it is really holding your desired plants back, I don’t see much of a reason to plant something you don’t want, just to fix high numbers.

Following

Plant, harvest, and eat. :emoji_smile:

They have some soil acidifiers that you might consider. Rain water generally acidifies over time.

In clay perhaps gypsum may help?

1. Don't add any manure to your garden.
2. Plant a nitrogen fixer as a cover crop, so your nitrogen levels increase without raising the other two.
3. You may need to use a foliar spray of zinc and iron. They will help keep your plants healthy.
4. Watering the soil deeply will help flush out excess potassium.

Veggies like beets, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, and lettuce will help remove those nutrients. Sunflowers will use up a lot too.