Fruit protection bags?

I'm planning on getting a pack of those for sure. Think I saw a 100 pack for $8 somewhere...

pretty cheap if they work

My brother and I have used simple Ziploc sandwich bags to protect apples from insects and birds. We attached them to the limbs after the apples were and inch or two in diameter to make sure we were bagging apples without blemishes. You have to clip the corners to let out rainwater and condensation.

My brother and I have used simple Ziploc sandwich bags to protect apples from insects and birds. We attached them to the limbs after the apples were and inch or two in diameter to make sure we were bagging apples without blemishes. You have to clip the corners to let out rainwater and condensation.

Thanks Kent.
At the price of the eBay bags I will likely try both for comparison.
Interesting observation you mentioned in your vid about honey crisp doing better on 106 or 111 roots. I have one on b118, m7 an m111. All are slower to produce wood than my other trees. The m111 is at my farm in a poor location so not really a fair comparison though. 2 at my home planted in an ideal location are healthy just literally half the size of the other 16 apple trees planted at the same time! A redfree planted on m7 the same day is 3x the size of the honey crisp. Long story short honey crisp is my Nemisis, But my wife wanted them lol

^Surprisingly my sole honeycrisp on crab stock is turning into a monster. Which is funny cause it is also the cheapest tree I've purchased ($17). Going on 2nd leaf
20180722_094008.jpg

^Surprisingly my sole honeycrisp on crab stock is turning into a monster. Which is funny cause it is also the cheapest tree I've purchased ($17). Going on 2nd leaf
View attachment 23689
That’s a great looking young tree! Off to a dang good start! What zone you in?

^Smashed betweeen 4 a and b,
But we did dip a tad lower than normal this year. Interesred to see how they all come out.

Thanks Kent.
At the price of the eBay bags I will likely try both for comparison.
Interesting observation you mentioned in your vid about honey crisp doing better on 106 or 111 roots. I have one on b118, m7 an m111. All are slower to produce wood than my other trees. The m111 is at my farm in a poor location so not really a fair comparison though. 2 at my home planted in an ideal location are healthy just literally half the size of the other 16 apple trees planted at the same time! A redfree planted on m7 the same day is 3x the size of the honey crisp. Long story short honey crisp is my Nemisis, But my wife wanted them lol

Honeycrisp is not a vigorous grower, at least in my sandy soil. About medium vigor I would say. Lots of fertilizer when young helps. I have a HC on M7 in my front yard. Not fertilizing it for 2 years caused seriously smaller apples and much stress.