Florida home for sale. Huge discount!

Bill

Administrator
Located by the red and orange dots.

Must settle before 8:00 AM tomorrow.

Boat right to the back door. For a day or so anyway. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Gulp.

This one is big. Seems much of south Florida will be gone by next week.

Would you consider a 24 hour lease?

Would you consider a 24 hour lease?

Might be a rough 24 hours.
Scary, I just saw on the news people being turned away from a local shelter because ther full.
I just hope everyone gets some place safe. A house can be fixed.

Have a mobile home in Okeechobee. Not feeling too good about the situation. Buddy on the Sheriff's Office says there hasn't been a drop of fuel in town since Thursday mid day when I spoke with him yesterday.

This is like the stock market ... you can bet on the rise or hedge the drop ... you taking hedge bets? :emoji_weary:

Good luck Bill ... as my football orthopedic surgeon told me ... a complete break is better than a sprain ... fare well sir!

Good luck Swat. Maybe it's like the snow predictions in the NE. All hype.

This is why I don't mind -20 in January. At least I can build a fire.

I hear ya but damn it's nice to be fishing in Shorts in Jan while your stoking the fire.

One of my concerns beyond loss of life is how this will change the channels I've been running for years. Would kinda suck to have the way to my Fishing spots filled in.

Think the way you walk to your stand changing and you find out in the dark :emoji_astonished::emoji_rage:

This is like the stock market ... you can bet on the rise or hedge the drop ... you taking hedge bets? :emoji_weary:

Good luck Bill ... as my football orthopedic surgeon told me ... a complete break is better than a sprain ... fare well sir!

Yep I'd rather a clean lot over a pile of $hi..

Lots worth more than the house.

Screw it. I'm going to the farm next week!
If it's real bad we won't be able to get to the lot for a while. I have deer stuff to do.

Easy to say. It's not my main house so I only loose stuff that's fun not stuff that's really important.

been on the horn with my friends from all over FL. It's not good, but the storm surge was WAY less than expected but it's still terrible. Friend in Fort Myers, house flooded. Buddy in T-town, house flooded. Good friend in Jupiter, house ok but outside landscaping and yard toast. Good friend in O-Town, quote "it's like the water main broke overhead." Good Friend in Pompano, They felt it was a good thing it was a miss, wow was he wrong! Good Friend in Vero Beach, complete chaos. Good friend in Arcadia, thought he was spared from being more "internal" he said he friends are telling him flooding everywhere. Good friend near Ocala, trainwreck. Another buddy told me that he had some friends by Lakeland and he is hearing that it's really bad there. I believe that is a higher area for glue togethers/pre-fab's/mobiles????? That's a guess and my buddy said the same thing?????

This make Hurricane Harvey look like a joke. The WHOLE fricking state of FL is a mess!! Harvey hit Houston hard, but Irma just told FL who is the boss and that's Mother Nature. I feel so bad for all my friends in FL..

And... that's a very nice area Bill! I hope that you are spared, but my gut is telling me that you are not. I am so sorry. I love the Fort Myers area. Bonita Springs, Sanibel, Marco Island are some of the most beautiful places in all of FL. Incredible fishing in those areas!

And... that's a very nice area Bill! I hope that you are spared, but my gut is telling me that you are not. I am so sorry. I love the Fort Myers area. Bonita Springs, Sanibel, Marco Island are some of the most beautiful places in all of FL. Incredible fishing in those areas!

Thanks Red,
I should know more later today. A friends going to try and get there. Brother is going to head down on Friday also so time will tell.

Thanks Red,
I should know more later today. A friends going to try and get there. Brother is going to head down on Friday also so time will tell.
Good luck. Had friend east of there that stayed and she weathered fine except no power. Another friend in Ft Lauderdale ocean front stayed but they got lucky with miss . No problem for them except again no power and streets are now sand instead of concrete. Another friend on coast Ft Myers, no word yet.

I have a mobile home on the edge of Okeechobee, and 9 friends from here in Indiana do, as well, in the same neighborhood. A couple guys lost a piece of screen on their porches. One guy lost a palm tree. Not all the gloom and doom everyone predicted.

My neighbor made it back today. The only damage was to my pool screen enclosure. One end flattened.
I can live with that, it's 20 years old. He went through the house and no damage. Doesn't even think we lost roof tiles.

Now if I can that much luck in a tree stand this fall I'll really be happy.

Office my wife and I own in Tallahassee fared relatively well as did actual home structure we own 20 miles or so east of TLH... but our home property being closer to center path of storm made for lots of limbs and trees down and home's been without power since storm hit. We've been warned to expect week or more being down. Winds seemed maybe a hair under what we saw with Hermine a year ago, but the length of time we saw strong winds seemed way longer due to size of storm. From about 2 a.m. until 10 a.m. it was pretty dang gusty. Power company stopped outside my gate today to look at tree I have laying against our main lines and he said that between 300 and 400 trees were having to be cleared off same line along the highway we live off. Lest it sound like I'm grousing, thankful Cuba softened it up before it headed our way and glad it rode over land losing power by the minute versus riding either coastal edge keeping or even building more strength. Could have been FAR worse for ALL of Florida has it skated above Cuba before turning.
IMG_20170911_155945.jpg