First Timer - Food Plots - does this product work?

Hotspot

Yearling... With promise
I am considering making food plots. 2 quarter acre plots rotating between grains and brassicas. I don't live at my property and do not have a tractor. Strongly considering no till methods. For brassicas I'd just broadcast and pack. My question is this.............for the cereal grains I guess it's not ideal to broadcast, has anyone ever used this product -

https://www.billygoat.com/na/en_us/product-catalog/overseeder/os500-series-push-overseeder.html

I broadcast wheat, oats, etc often.

I am considering making food plots. 2 quarter acre plots rotating between grains and brassicas. I don't live at my property and do not have a tractor. Strongly considering no till methods. For brassicas I'd just broadcast and pack. My question is this.............for the cereal grains I guess it's not ideal to broadcast, has anyone ever used this product -

https://www.billygoat.com/na/en_us/product-catalog/overseeder/os500-series-push-overseeder.html
What do you have for equiptment, quad, side x side, garden tractor/mower? Quarter acre plots aren't that big you couldn't do them by hand/ bag seeder, backpack sprayer and a mower. I think that machine really only works on lawns and flat land, I'd save my money and get these other tools.

What do you have for equiptment, quad, side x side, garden tractor/mower? Quarter acre plots aren't that big you couldn't do them by hand/ bag seeder, backpack sprayer and a mower. I think that machine really only works on lawns and flat land, I'd save my money and get these other tools.
I have a zero turn mower, backpack sprayer, and 550cc ATV

Id buy a sprayer to mount on the atv. Perferably with broadcast nozzles.

I don't know what that thing costs, but I'd bet you could find something more useful for the money.
The problem you have - the one we all have - is how to make good seed to soil contact. Seed needs to be in or on the soil to germinate. Some people cheat and have good success, but you have to understand the circumstances in order to cheat and win! I digress....

The machine you ask about is designed to do that - put seed in contact with soil. I've used on a lawn and wasn't very impressed. I guess it would be a good tool for over-seeding in a lawn. With a lawn it's hard to get seed thru the thatch layer and on to soil. That thing just cuts thru the thatch and drops grass seed which is much smaller than an oat, wheat, or rye seed. See how specific that is? And it doesn't really address your problem.

I don't see any advantage to it for food plots. You'll get done faster with a chest mount broadcast spreader. I agree, an ATV sprayer will save you much more time.