All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First of the year!

Rally1148

5 year old buck +
Well I got my first deer of the year. I had deer around me at 6pm. A spike and a fork were chasing her around a bit so it took about half an hour to get a good broadside or quartering away shot.

She was quartering away, and dropped right there. I'm not sure what the arrow hit, but it didn't pass through. I checked for the opposite shoulder, as that is what I was aiming for, but no dice. Straight through one lung, and knicked the other. She weighed about 110

20151019_222129.jpg 20151019_221856.jpg

Way to get things started! Congrats.

She will eat good! Congrats!

Congrats

Congrats!

Meat! I would have passed out from buck fever if I had deer around me for that long. I had two fawns by me for about 20 minutes last fall and damn near passed out.

That is a walking steakhouse. Congrats on a nice doe.

Congrats. Super nice you didn't have to track.

Congrats! I'm sure she will taste great!

Congrats

Nice doe !! Good to have meat in the freezer. I've never seen someone so excited that his wig slid down under his jaw though !!! :D Congrats on a good shot.

Nice doe !! Good to have meat in the freezer. I've never seen someone so excited that his wig slid down under his jaw though !!! :D Congrats on a good shot.

I'm not about the Tony LaPratt hero poses. No need to be stoic IMO.