First apple of the year

b116757

5 year old buck +
My William’s Pride not completely ripe but not to bad at all.

Attachments

• BEC4B5ED-B471-4F24-93ED-8007DB696240.jpeg
    BEC4B5ED-B471-4F24-93ED-8007DB696240.jpeg
    609.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 74470BC4-042E-484F-841E-462F0E882696.jpeg
    74470BC4-042E-484F-841E-462F0E882696.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 44
I have a some WP I grafted a few years ago, they've been some of my cleanest growing trees. Look forward to the fruit in the coming years.

Good apples very early ripening gets the deer primed to start coming into the orchard also some extra nutrition late summer but way before most ag crops are ready for them to start munching. I should add Pristine to my lineup also just haven’t gotten around to getting that one yet.

Good apples very early ripening gets the deer primed to start coming into the orchard also some extra nutrition late summer but way before most ag crops are ready for them to start munching. I should add Pristine to my lineup also just haven’t gotten around to getting that one yet.

My neighbor says his commercial sweet corn field is getting hit hard.

I do like an early apple to draw deer to an area and it is best if you have other later apple trees to continue to attract them.

Last night I sampled a Norland and it was decent but needs a little more time. For human use, they should’ve picked a bit early while still crisp.

Norland is a very hardy early season apple for the north country.

My records show that on 8-2-2020 and 8-3-2021, Norlands were getting soft on the south side of the tree and time to pick on the north side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Williams Pride has Redfree, Freedom, Enterprise, Liberty, Harelson,Macintosh, Red Delicious and several pear verities all in the same orchard. Williams Pride is simply the earliest dropping primer that kicks things off.

Sometimes they like some plums in the mix too. I have a bunch of slow dying old orchard trees on my property. Just about every tree has atleast a few apples this year.

I planted four plums here at the house this spring two of them I may have lost to this mini drought we had. Their not really in my yard and I hadn’t been watching them that close last time I looked at them two of them where not looking very good. I may have gotten water to them soon enough but I kind of doubt it.