Firminator

RobertW

Buck Fawn
I bought the 6ft Firminator in January 2021, it arrived in May and I planted my last two plots with it. I loved the way it worked and my fields looked great.
Fall rolls around and I start my work. I will admit not all of my fields are clean and pristine, I have a few stumps and roots still in a couple. Well my second field of the fall I hit a stump and hung the tiller up. It twisted that thing like a pretzel. I know this was my fault, and when I called the company I told them exactly what happened. Well 11 months later I finally get a new tiller, I didn’t expect to get a full replacement for free, but they didn’t give anything on a very expensive piece of equipment that was only 4 months old. I was told that I broke it by hitting the stump (which is true) but this thing is supposed to be used in the woods and I can’t be the only person to plant in areas with some obstacles in fields.
I think this piece of equipment is very nice for big open fields that do not have any type of obstacles in them. I think it is a little flimsy built for working around stumps, roots, or even rocks.
That frame twisted too easily in my opinion

No implement should be used where stumps are present. Just my $.02..

Warranties are for defects in workmanship & materials. Not sure how one would expect warranty for this. My Firminator is built like a beast; however, there are components that can be damaged when mis-used. Maybe better to drive around the brick wall than trying to drive through it.

Thank you for your sage advice. I wish I had the luxury of all my fields being completely clear. I wasn’t trying to run over the stump, I just got a little too close. And I know what the warranty covers, I’m just saying that I would kinda expect a piece of equipment built to use in somewhat austere environments to be a little tougher

Thank you for your sage advice. I wish I had the luxury of all my fields being completely clear. I wasn’t trying to run over the stump, I just got a little too close. And I know what the warranty covers, I’m just saying that I would kinda expect a piece of equipment built to use in somewhat austere environments to be a little tougher
Call and speak to William Yancy. He has always been fair to me.

Just spoke with William yesterday and ordered my Firminator G3 ATV, great conversation and very excited to get mine delivered in about 9 weeks. Typically planting a total of about 5 acres of plots but thinking I'll add a couple more smaller and some trails as well. Had been doing plots with my old Farmall 1964 806D but it's died and isn't cost effective to repair. Searched for various options and had decided on a Plotmaster so placed my order last August. Expected 6-8 week delivery but that turned into delay after delay due to what they said were supply chain and manufacturer issues until I finally decided to cancel my order. Spent a few days researching and it was clear the G3 would be the right choice. This thread and others here and it a few other sites really helped my decision. Looking forward to this year's planting with my new Firminator.

Last edited:
William is the man. I think you’ll enjoy it!

Here is a discussion of the Firminator G3. Have had mine now for 3 years now and very happy.

Firminator G3