Field lane/driveway

hunts_with_stick

5 year old buck +
I have some property in east central Ohio. Looking to get a cheap driveway put in. It is currently grass, but in the spring, winter if it is wet I can’t access the property without fear of getting stuck. How to I go about looking up someone who would do this for me? I don’t need anything fancy, just something reliable. I may eventually build a home on this property but that is years away, if ever.

I have some property in east central Ohio. Looking to get a cheap driveway put in. It is currently grass, but in the spring, winter if it is wet I can’t access the property without fear of getting stuck. How to I go about looking up someone who would do this for me? I don’t need anything fancy, just something reliable. I may eventually build a home on this property but that is years away, if ever.

Is it real thick topsoil? What I did here (topsoil was only 1-2”) was spray with Gly and have a fella tailgate rock that was 2” with fines in it. Drove on that for a few years and had him tailgate a load of what we call road rock over that. It’s 1-1/4” with fines. That set a good base. We will soon have him back with 3/4” washed rock. I wouldn’t worry about washed rock unless it is your driveway. Super solid base for us now. If you have more topsoil I would either use larger rock for a base or perhaps remove some of the topsoil to get to a more solid base. I’m sure someone else on here has more or a different experience, but that worked well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I don't think the top soil is too thick. No issues when I planted my apple trees. Some hard packed dirt, but not clay, not much rock either. By tailgate it, I assume you mean just tip the load up and drive and let is spread that way?

What does a load of that cost? I am just curious. I don't mind spending the money, I just don't want to go overboard either. Unless it makes sense too. I am open to opinions.