Fence build

Peeps

5 year old buck +
We are going to be building a fence around an area that will house our 2 bee hives and garden. It will be 30' by 20'. Our plan is to use 11 12' 4x4's burried 4' down as the posts for an 8' height cemented in with a bag of quikcrete for each one. We haven't decided on the fence material yet but I was thinking of using 6' welded wire fence with 2 strands of unenergized bright poly tape above the 6' fence to bring the total to 8'. Out in front of the fence will be a Parmak mag12 solar electric fence for the Bears. Any thoughts on this plan. I'm also not sure what to do about a fence gate.

I am not a great fence mind, but a single bag of Quickrete per 4"x4" post seems low. 2-3 bags per post might get it done.

Personally I'd go more than 4' deep to make sure I'm below the frost line. Then set the post on a pad .

12' 4x4's seem like quite an expense. 30' x 20' is not that big an area. Using 1 1/2" pipe set 2' deep in concrete and make the whole thing electic fence with 6" between the strands would be much cheaper and works great.

Glad we don't have bears,In Kansas we would se 4 corner post and use metal T post for everything else

Fence build postponed for a bit. We had snow up at the cabin all weekend with several inches covering the ground. We'll try again in 2 weeks. I used my time instead to prep for the 20 apple trees we have coming. Cut the rolls of concrete mesh and the landscape fabric for each tree and plotted out where each will be planted.

Mostly done just need to put on the top strands. image.png

Mostly done just need to put on the top strands. View attachment 8757

Looks nice! Will you be planting any wind breaks or other plantings near the fence. I hope to add a couple of bee hives in the next year and will need a fence too.

Looks good.

image.png The fence is complete. First shipment of bees was delayed as the semi driver fell asleep at the wheel coming from CA and rolled the truck. The other shipment of bees is scheduled for pickup on Saturday. We are not installing a wind break as the area is pretty protected. image.png

image.png

Looks real good. Every one who I talk to that gardens in raised beds swear by it.

Very nice Peeps! Do you have a natural water source for the bees or are you creating one?

We have a creek near by and my wife and kids are going to make a little water thing specifically for the bees. I was up today taking delivery of 5 yards of screened black dirt for the raised beds. I saw snow showers in the forecast for Sunday up there. image.jpeg

what are the wood pieces on top of the bricks used for?

construction looks of nice quality. are the 2x8 treated?

I might have made it a tad wider so the beds could go end to end. but overall great job

Electric fence is hot now. I wanted to grab it to test it but then remembered that was probably the beer I drank making that descision. My wife is bring up the nuc hive for our 2nd hive in the morning. It was fun watching the bees come and go from the hive we started earlier this week. Tommorow we might sit in some lawn chairs watching the bees. With a cooler next to us of course. Look close and you can see the bees. image.png

what are the wood pieces on top of the bricks used for?

construction looks of nice quality. are the 2x8 treated?

I might have made it a tad wider so the beds could go end to end. but overall great job
That is the base for the hives.