Experience with Hand Held Video Recorder

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
Would like to know folks experience and recommendation for these?

Would be using for hunting, property work, travel. Something small that can fit in pocket.

Sorry this answer is not pocket sized, and is a little expensive. But a Nikon coolpix camera (or equivalent competitor) can take video, and the 83x or 100x zoom lens doubles as a pretty good spotting scope. Mine is normally on a tripod at the cabin for watching the fields, and goes in my backpack for each hunt.

I think it depends what you're trying to do with it. Record a hunt? Or just capture some video?

It seems as though a lot of people tend to use SLR-type digital cameras now for recording than video recording equipment to record hunts and get some good photos. You could look into picking up something older to try (used) like a cannon powershot sx10 for like $50. It's bigger than pocket sized. You could advance through the years and pick up something from this decade and get into the powershot sx600 or 700 series (ranging in the $300+). both of these have zoom capabilities, etc.

Or you could go the GoPro route. There are a lot of knock off devices that are very similar to the brand name in feature/function/accessory for under $70. I got this one and have it mounted to by stabilizer on my bow (had it for 2 years now - still works great):