Edge feathering to promote both screening and bedding

BenAllgood

5 year old buck +
For those of you who have successfully edge feathered for both screening and bedding, what are some tips you used to promote that?

It's one area that I am fine with hinge cutting. You can use it as a blockade and direct the paths you want deer to take through a certain area. Under-rated tool IMO. Great for other species of animals and birds as well.

Eliminate all or as much of the CSG as you can before starting.

To sweeten the scenario, I like to disc 10-20 yard buffer strips in late winter (before greenup) around the perimeter of the field (or on the edge you're modifying) to promote native forbs, grass growth. Adds to the edge / habitat / wildlife diversity as well as 1) Increases the screening value and 2) Daylight use of the plot.

It is beneficial to do this before dropping the trees for edge feathering, if you're going to leave any trees in field edge.

Eliminate all or as much of the CSG as you can before starting.

To sweeten the scenario, I like to disc 10-20 yard buffer strips in late winter (before greenup) around the perimeter of the field (or on the edge you're modifying) to promote native forbs, grass growth. Adds to the edge / habitat / wildlife diversity as well as 1) Increases the screening value and 2) Daylight use of the plot.

It is beneficial to do this before dropping the trees for edge feathering, if you're going to leave any trees in field edge.
Good deal. That part is done. I've got pollinator plantings and food plots started around all my woods edges. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to start in on my edge feathering.

@BenAllgood - Awesome! You'll be impressed with the response.

This is my buffer from this past summer, before we started edge feather. The photo is looking slightly downhill, somewhat deceiving.. The giant ragweed was easily as tall as me in some places.

2021-08-01 Ragweed.jpg

Here's one of my edges I'll start feathering. I have a couple persimmons in the edge I'm going to release.
20210904_174138.jpg

This is another one. I'm wanting to screen the edge, but also have bedding right behind it.

20211121_062800.jpg