All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DCO Surprise

Brush farmer

5 year old buck +
I got a batch of DCO acorns from Blitz awhile back. I put them in a protected bed with as much care as I could. I didn't think I'd see anything popping through the soil until spring, but there are about a dozen of them sprouted so far. I apologize for taking the pic through the wire. I've got the bed so fortified it takes awhile to break into it.
IMG_2445.JPG

In my bed I have two white oaks that have popped also- we’re experiencing a very warm fall so far- 80 degrees tomorrow, back to normal next week though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what we've had here. We had a dry spell but I made sure to water the bed. I assume these sprouts will just go dormant when they're ready and resume in the spring.

Interesting...I hope they make it. I started some in RMs and transplanted them to the field last fall so this has been their first growing season. All leafed out and seemed to survive.