Cultipacker

PackerBacker

5 year old buck +
Picked up a used 9 foot double cultipacker today. It's a little bigger than I need so what thinking about making it into 2 or 3.

For food plotting, do I need double rollers or can I get away with a single? Any recommendations on sizes?

No on double, a little wider than your tractor

Single is fine, I'd make it just wider than your tire tracks. I made mine to fit the ATV as I like the smaller foot print to follow the contours of the ground better. My ATV foot print is 4' made mine 5'.

If you have enough wheels to make a 4 footer that you want to sell let me know! Or would I want a 5 footer for my wheeler?

If I don't need a double, I should have 12 or 13 feet of wheels left over once I decide how big I want to make mine. I'll be sure to put on here when they are finished to see if anyone is interested.

PB, I would consider keeping a good number of those wheels as well. They do break on occasion and you'll be glad you kept some when they do.

Amazing how many little gems there are all over the countryside just waiting to be brought back to life.

Are you going to sell some extra wheels? I'm pretty sure I have that same packer and I'm missing 3-4 of the large wheels.

Still figuring out what sizes we are going to build once we take it apart. I will keep you posted.

What did you pay? I purchased a Dunham 8 foot double cultipacker today, very similar to yours. He was asking $775 and I paid $650. He said he had a guy offer him full price after he already agreed to $650 with me and he told him sorry its sold.

Picked the cultipacker up for $600 and a 6 ft disc seeder for $400.

Congrats on the new toys.