Cuddelink G1547

bjgroves

Buck Fawn
New to forums but could use some help. Does the G1547 function as home, remote, and repeater after the latest firmware upgrade.

New to forums but could use some help. Does the G1547 function as home, remote, and repeater after the latest firmware upgrade.
Post this question into one of the cuddelink threads.

It can't be a remote or repeater if it is a g camera. It can only be a home or standalone.

G cell units can only be a home, they can take pics and operate as a home on 8.3 firmware without a cell plan b ut they cant be a repeater or remote.

Pamphlet on cuddyweb site says G cell operates as all three. Purchased 3 G cell 1547 with dual power packs and solar panels in October. Did not upgrade firmware, all are the same, when setting up had to choose in C-Link menu between Home, Remote, or Repeater. Set up home with cell account and other 2 as remotes. They connected with 80 or better, Home unit passed cell test. Home was operating as stand alone at first before setting C-link up. Got some pictures but would stop and when I checked camera it was locked up, no buttons worked, screen said armed but power had to be disconnected to get response. Was going to property today and was wondering what to check.

Pamphlet on cuddyweb site says G cell operates as all three. Purchased 3 G cell 1547 with dual power packs and solar panels in October. Did not upgrade firmware, all are the same, when setting up had to choose in C-Link menu between Home, Remote, or Repeater. Set up home with cell account and other 2 as remotes. They connected with 80 or better, Home unit passed cell test. Home was operating as stand alone at first before setting C-link up. Got some pictures but would stop and when I checked camera it was locked up, no buttons worked, screen said armed but power had to be disconnected to get response. Was going to property today and was wondering what to check.
You would need to run a cell test again on it and make sure you get success, I would also bring a different formatted SD card and clear the internal memory.
The g Cells you bought are likely on old firmware(if you can set them as remote or repeater they are on old firmware ), meaning they are not on version 8.3. Without them on 8.3, you have zero online control of yoru cameras meaning that anytime you want to change a setting, clear space on the SD cards , clear ques, or turn the camera delay off, you will need to do so at each camera. Online control is a huge advantage and i would not be without it, but that is your decision to make. You also run the risk of RF interference which can slow down image transmission. If you update them, the G cell units will only work as a home ( as they were intended) and you wont be able to link them. The G cell units are sold at a reduced cost with the idea that the cell plan will help cover the reduced cost . This is why G series remotes retailed for $279 and the G cell home units retail for $199. If i were you , i would return the 2 G cell units that you didnt activate a plan on and wait for the new L series remotes to come out, they will actually cost you less, have more features, and your system will work much better. On top of that, you will have online control if you update to 8.3 and the channel options on 8.3 will eliminate rf interference if you choose a random channel.

Thanks for your help. I wanted for this rut season as some areas of property are without cell service the link feature allows me to get cameras in there and still get picture by cell. The reason i purchased the 3 G1547 cell was because of info on the cuddy web site and the unavailable remotes. Its working now which will get me thru this season. Will upgrade firmware if L series becomes available and then use other G1547 cells on other properties. Thanks again.