Cuddeback Tracks free offer..a ?

Tamarack

5 year old buck +
I noticed the free cam with a purchase of a year plan when logged into my account. "Special edition black & white". Is it literally just black and white? Shows and describes a daytime picture as black and white 🤨 Screenshot_20230220-084050.png

I suppose the pic/file size is smaller b&w but this is the first time I've heard of any trail cam being b&w 24hrs a day. There are those AI programs to change them to color..but still..
"Special edition black & white" . Was there a screw up or was it intentional?

Last edited:
Took me a minute to find that on the site, wonder if that offer only goes out to ppl who already have a system or account. Spent 5 minutes doing the math trying to figure out if it's cheaper to buy these or buy new units for my cuddelink system. Where's Volkman at?

yes this camera is only black and white images day and night. There is a limited number , where they are gone they are gone -without getting into a details a design change was made after these were already built and it is easier to offer them this way than to rework them into what the final design is. Its deifnelty not cheaper than adding a remote to your network in the long run, on top of that you need to buy a $130 annual plan to take advantage of the deal. These are tracks cameras, they dont link and you need a cell plan for each one.

Here's the AI colorizer discussion for anyone interested. Maybe Cuddeback can do this on their online/Camp webpage. For all the nighttime pics as well. https://habitat-talk.com/threads/colorizing-black-white-trail-cam-pics.13260/
There always being a point made against cuddelink due to the small size of pics that are sent via email. And, I'm sure some will comment on the black/white feature only with these one-off cams.
I use my cameras exclusively for hunting, and hi-def pics and/or color isn't a deal breaker for me at all. I only need a decent enough pic to identify a certain rack with deer, what direction they came from, and the times, to put patterns together. Video, on the other hand, would be awesome to transmit back to email, but I know that's not ever going to happen. I'll continue to use my cheapo cams for the videos.