CRP Seed cost

DRG3

5 year old buck +
Hello-

Can anyone give me an estimate of per acre cost for CRP seed? I called the local stores here and didn't get much help b/c they said they wouldn't know what NRCS would require without seeing the spec.

I'm just looking for a general estimate. I'm in western KY.

I'm weighing out implementing some CRP plantings myself, vs putting ground in the program.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Go to https://roundstoneseed.com/16-wildlife-habitat-mixes and they have prices per pound. Each of those mixes contains how many pounds per acre you need. I went with an EQIP program to help pay for my pollinator planting. I did get the seed from Roundstone. The contract was only 5 years and it takes close to that to get established anyway, so I was fine with that timeline. Kentucky NRCS and KDFWR have been great to work with where I'm at.

Fantastic! thank you for the help

Looking at the site, im right on the corner of zone 2, 3 and 6, im righ on the ohio river, I can see illinois, and close to indiana. Any reccomendations on what zone to select

Looking at the site, im right on the corner of zone 2, 3 and 6, im righ on the ohio river, I can see illinois, and close to indiana. Any reccomendations on what zone to select
I would call Roundstone and get their opinion. They are really easy to work with. They do this every day and have probably sent a bunch of seed to your county.

70-140$/A depending on the flower/forb count.

70-140$/A depending on the flower/forb count.
can you tell me what region this is? Looking at the Roundstone website- it looked like an average of $50/pound and 8-10 lbs per acre? I am totally uneducated on this so there may be other options than what is there?

Tall grass Prairie Cp-2 mix cost me $95/acre
Tall grass Prairie CP-25 mix was $105/acre
Pollinator CP-42 was $165/acre

These were for SE MN and the seed was bought this past winter.

I usually figure $100 per acre, but it can vary a bit.

My pollinator mix was a little over $200 per acre but I did switch much of the grass to switchgrass which upped the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Before you go to the expense of buying seed, read this recent study:

Attachments

• Plant-response-following-control-of-tall-fescue-WSB-2021.pdf
    347.9 KB · Views: 19
If you are doing through NRCS they should order the seed.Also if you are be careful of their forbs requirements.Some of the plantings I did that wern't NRCS I ordered seed from Ernst Seed