CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK

foggy

5 year old buck +
I got offers via the web to do a criminal background check on folks.....so this afternoon after filling out all kinds of data on myself.....I decided to spend a few bucks and get my report.

There aint much to see about me...but what was revealing to me is that there is all kinds of references to websites and some "key words" having to do with guns. They have "criminal background" info from sites like this one, magazine subscriptions about guns, mentions of Jim Zumbo (remember his AR 15 controversy?) any mention of triggers, magazines, Gun Broker, Guns and Ammo, yadda, yadda.

I suppose the government is trying to check for terrorists or something......but you and I likely have used some words on sites like this that raise red flags about your character. I feel like my 2nd amendment rights are somewhat compromised......but also see the need to ferret out crooks and terrorists.

Thoughts?

BTW.....I got thirty days to check folks out. Be fun to see what a few of you guys been up to in the past. ;) (likely not)

Are rain dancers on the list?

Are rain dancers on the list?

No, but Jack Pine Savages and Sex offenders are on the list. ;)

Omaha Steve has a buddy that is kind of out there when it comes to the nsa and end of times. Every so often when he's talking to him on the phone, he'll drop 3 or 4 flag words and his buddy will get all paranoid and hang up on him.

The key is to stay out of trouble. I have a feeling the government would use everything they could find nowadays if you were a suspect in a crime.
On a side note earlier this year a cop showed up at my house and showed a trail cam pic to my wife and my son asking them if it was me. Apparently someone had some theft or something in St. Stephen and my name was mentioned when they were trying to identify the person. I don't know any one in St. Stephen but my wife said the guy in the pic had dark skin and someone knew I had dark skin too. Needless to say it wasn't me but it was creepy that I was a suspect.

I wonder what you would get if you ran Obummer or Hillary's name.

I think I will start a list of the top 1000 words and phrases that might get you on a watch list. Then I can email it to myself daily. Maybe I can feel like I'm keeping someone employed with my tax dollars then.:)

I wonder what you would get if you ran Obummer or Hillary's name.

I think I will start a list of the top 1000 words and phrases that might get you on a watch list. Then I can email it to myself daily. Maybe I can feel like I'm keeping someone employed with my tax dollars then.:)
Be careful what you wish for. ;)

I'd guess that there were over 100+ "key words" used from some of these outdoor websites.....and from my old business website regarding guns and reloading.

I am trying to picture what this report looks like.

So if I say something like O-bomb-a, did I just get another red mark on my report??

I dont recall anything about political references on the report. Moreso about weapons, trigger talk, magazines, and evidently key words about guns from webistes.

At one time my company website had gun accessories, reloading tools, and shooting gear. Somehow folks like Jim Zumbo and his position on "black guns" had lots of inclusions on the report. I was a sponsor of his TV show when he made some remarks about him having no use for the AR15. My old website had a number of references that must raise some interest to somebody in the gubbermint out there.

I remember when the big push to reduce lead was on. OSHA paid me a visit and demanded my day....or they were going to shut me down. I did not have time for her bull....so, I asked the "OSHA Lady" how many employees I needed to be investigated by her. She said 25.....and I told her to wait right there because I was gonna fire two.....so I could throw her ash out of my office. :D That woman was dumber than a box of rocks. ;)

I was just a 17 year old kid when I got a job, part time, cleaning parts for a company that refurbed large metal working equipment.

One day I was in the office area getting assignment sheets. Four well dressed men walked in and asked for the boss, who happened to be the owner. When Mr Lange showed up they introduced themselves as Lawyers for the NAACP. They asked how many employees he had, he replied 34. They told him that unless he had 8 "black" employees they were going to picket and shut his business down.

Mr Lange handed a note to his receptionist and asked the men to be seated while he got the needed info. About 5 minutes passed and in walked 6 of our oldest employees. Mr. Lange introduced them to the visitors and asked if they knew any of the NAACP reps. They all said no and Mr. Lange informed them of the men's demands. He also told the workers that he was firing all of them so that he would meet their demands. Apparently they didn't check on anything, they just liked to make threats. Mr. Lange informed the employees that the only way he would rehire them was if they threw these men "physically" out the door and off the property. You have never seen grown men so scared and so mad at the same time. Gues which were mad and which were scared. Those guys chased the reps until they got off the property and told them if they came back they would show them some true hospitality.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Mr. Lange was one of the best people I ever had the pleasure of working for.

No, but Jack Pine Savages and Sex offenders are on the list. ;)

Dat's a lo blo win you lick a grip of da mos highl rispicted n mos high intillagent piple like Sack Jine Pavages wit lo life like Six fenders in da sam sinteince.;)

They have a big file on me.

Right after the NSA's monitoring of email became public I added a tag line to my email that said "attention NSA, this email goes in the conservative tea party file" :D

Every email I sent for a year had that tag on it. Some poor low level agent must have gotten tired of reading my nothing email.

AK47, M1, Grenade, Pipe bomb, IED, Pressure cooker, .223, alah, jihad, take back America, fertilizer bomb, urea and desiel, AR, AR15, Black Gun, 30 round Mag, 5.56, 308, .308, bulk Ammo, kiss my a$$

They have a big file on me.

Right after the NSA's monitoring of email became public I added a tag line to my email that said "attention NSA, this email goes in the conservative tea party file" :D

Every email I sent for a year had that tag on it. Some poor low level agent must have gotten tired of reading my nothing email.

AK47, M1, Grenade, Pipe bomb, IED, Pressure cooker, .223, alah, jihad, take back America, fertilizer bomb, urea and desiel, AR, AR15, Black Gun, 30 round Mag, 5.56, 308, .308, bulk Ammo, kiss my a$$
If they weren't before they sure are now. ;)

Lol!

I got offers via the web to do a criminal background check on folks.....so this afternoon after filling out all kinds of data on myself.....I decided to spend a few bucks and get my report.

There aint much to see about me...but what was revealing to me is that there is all kinds of references to websites and some "key words" having to do with guns. They have "criminal background" info from sites like this one, magazine subscriptions about guns, mentions of Jim Zumbo (remember his AR 15 controversy?) any mention of triggers, magazines, Gun Broker, Guns and Ammo, yadda, yadda.

I suppose the government is trying to check for terrorists or something......but you and I likely have used some words on sites like this that raise red flags about your character. I feel like my 2nd amendment rights are somewhat compromised......but also see the need to ferret out crooks and terrorists.

Thoughts?

BTW.....I got thirty days to check folks out. Be fun to see what a few of you guys been up to in the past. ;) (likely not)[/QUOTE

I have no problem with it at this point. I mean we're responsible for what we say and what we do, and if that raises a red flag, I'm OK with people checking into it as long as there aren't dumb arrests made one using the words. Also, at this point, I don't see it as a 2nd amendment type thing, since we're still all allowed to own and purchase guns. The largest forseeable (meaning something plausible... not like whole "OBAMA IS TAKING OUR GUNS!" idea) would be if we set restrictions based solely on the use of the flag words, rather than the actual content of the message. If it just flags it for someone to look at, I'm fine with it, but if solely the use of these words restricts the rights, I'd almost see it as more of a first amendment issue.

I would say that the OVERWHELMING majority of these posts get cleared, as it is just someone appropriately using the word in a normal and/or harmless way.