Creepy crawlers

Howboutthemdawgs

5 year old buck +
Was greeted by this bastard today. Anyone have a good recommendation for a spray. Just worried my 2.5 year old will get into something with one.

5BE81116-7A7C-4D95-B8EC-7D9EE14FDBC3.jpeg

I hate spiders! But Tempo is suppose to work good. I have been using home defense by Ortho, it works ok, no smell, and you can use it indoors, and safe for kids and pets once it dries.

I use bifenthrin for a spray and flat sticky traps (mouse traps). We have black widows and scorpions. The combination of regular spraying and sticky traps have really helped to keep sightings in the house to a minimum.

Talstar is a good one as well. I believe the active ingredient is bifenthrin. Registered for us indoors and outdoors.

I use Viper myself with Cypermethrin works well farm supply stores generally carry it.

I think that Viper main ingredient is a derivative of Permethrin.

I have permethrin. I will mix some up and go agent orange on that place this weekend.

Does anyone know someone that was bitten by a black widow? I ask because I was under the impression they do not typically bite, unless they are seriously provoked. I understand people not wanting to take chances regardless.

You can sprinkler Diatomaceous Earth on inside roof ledge's, window sills, etc. and it will kill spiders.

Does anyone know someone that was bitten by a black widow? I ask because I was under the impression they do not typically bite, unless they are seriously provoked. I understand people not wanting to take chances regardless.
No but my neighbor at my farm was a paramedic and told me his worst call ever was a a 9 year old girl who died after being bite by a brown recluse.

I’ve been bitten by brown recluse before on the stomach it rotted out about a 1 “ circle probably a 1/8” deep never even knew I got bitten until latter. It would have been a real miserable experience had it been on a hand or foot. Little beastie’s are no joke kill them all.

I’ve been bitten by brown recluse before on the stomach it rotted out about a 1 “ circle probably a 1/8” deep never even knew I got bitten until latter. It would have been a real miserable experience had it been on a hand or foot. Little beastie’s are no joke kill them all.
Where were you at when you were bitten, as in what state?

South East Kansas brown recluse are quite common in my area they are all over in my garage and even in the old house. I had to spray for them at least twice a year they would practically be like pets in the old house if I didn’t. Pick up a blanket or even a toy the kids would have on the floor and one would run down your arm was good way to watch a grown man freak out. March to the garage get the spray with the kids and wife in the car and drive to the movies to let it dry with nobody in the house. Usually I’d spray in the morning after everyone left for work or school to give it all day to dry. But not when I would fall behind on my spray schedule and have them running down an arm, emergency spraying was done then.

Last edited:
Was greeted by this bastard today. Anyone have a good recommendation for a spray. Just worried my 2.5 year old will get into something with one.

View attachment 46868

I spray my blinds with permethrin on the inside. It is the same stuff we use to spray spring gobbler coveralls. You can't put it on your skin, but it adheres to clothing and is good for several weeks if you don't wash it or get caught in the rain. It seems to adhere to my wood blind interior. A good spray every year or two is enough to keep wasps from building nests and stuff like that. I would guess it would be effective with spiders, but as you reduce the insect population you remove spider food inscentives.

Thanks,

Jack

I know someone who was bitten by a black widow. Got pretty sick.

My youngest was stung on the lip by a scorpion. It crawled up on his face while in bed. He felt something and went to brush it away. Stung him right on the top lip. He's also had one fall on him while in the shower and found one in his shoe (before putting it on). He doesn't like scorpions!

I know someone who was bitten by a black widow. Got pretty sick.

My youngest was stung on the lip by a scorpion. It crawled up on his face while in bed. He felt something and went to brush it away. Stung him right on the top lip. He's also had one fall on him while in the shower and found one in his shoe (before putting it on). He doesn't like scorpions!
Can you blame the kid!! LOL
I wouldn't care for them either if I felt like they had a vendetta against me!

Sprayed permethrin today and already got two

Attachments

• DAE30AEC-BFE2-4A20-B950-B441B6CB8FC2.jpeg
    DAE30AEC-BFE2-4A20-B950-B441B6CB8FC2.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 14