creek trail

Bueller ... I did try and manipulate the trail with chainsaw, ground work, etc. ... the deer did not return to use the trail the way they had previously done ...
Very interesting. I may just leave well enough alone then.

Deer will do what they do. Absolute goal #1 is to provide the best habitat possible to attract deer, which includes the biggest buck(S) in the area.
I've got prime funnels created with hinge cuts, with trails 18"s across. Hunted it prime rut, accomplished goal #1 with almost every sit including a sighting of the biggest bucks in the area. Had a borderline booner at 15 yards-just to dark, wife had him under her stand-he was chasing so fast, no shot. Pops had multiple encounters with a mid 160s stud, and let go a likely 6 year old. Let go a ton of bucks ranging farm 2" unicorn spike-135". Harvested 5 bucks between 5-2 years old, and the season isn't over.
Why? Work hard at goal #1! With many more projects in the future. Attract and hold-it really is that simple!

The most encouraging sign is during the heat of gun season NEW, never seen, young 2-3 year old bucks are popping up on camera.
Is it possible these up and comers are going to move their core areas in my deer paradise? Is the surrounding pressure nudging these bucks towards my prime habitat? Is my habitat and lack of pressure attracting these bucks?
I sure hope so, it's gonna be fun either way!

Deer will do what they do. Absolute goal #1 is to provide the best habitat possible to attract deer, which includes the biggest buck(S) in the area.
I've got prime funnels created with hinge cuts, with trails 18"s across. Hunted it prime rut, accomplished goal #1 with almost every sit including a sighting of the biggest bucks in the area. Had a borderline booner at 15 yards-just to dark, wife had him under her stand-he was chasing so fast, no shot. Pops had multiple encounters with a mid 160s stud, and let go a likely 6 year old. Let go a ton of bucks ranging farm 2" unicorn spike-135". Harvested 5 bucks between 5-2 years old, and the season isn't over.
Why? Work hard at goal #1! With many more projects in the future. Attract and hold-it really is that simple!
Ok. So what would you suggest in this particular instance?

Ok. So what would you suggest in this particular instance?
How close are neighboring hunters?

How close are neighboring hunters?
Very few if any that I know of during bow season. Gun season has the typical small parcel hunters walking around the wrong places at the wrong time.

Make it as thick as possible. Hinge trees are your friend. Drop and leave pine and other non hinge trees

Beuller ... you now have a dilemma ... are you a landscaper or a hunter ... :)